Chapter 8: Into the Woods ☽

Beginne am Anfang

"Ah! SHIT."

The liquid burned down her throat as it went. It ached in her chest. Her gaze fell to Milly, still snoring sound asleep. She went towards the door and grabbed her burgundy cloak and slipped it on over her white silk nightgown. She slowly opened the door and crept out, as silent as a white mouse. There was no sound. Just silence. The hallways were dark with the exception of the torches lighting the way. She scurried to the right as fast as she could down the hall. She almost collided into a maid, but proceeded to run. She went down confusing turns and passageways, until she reached the throne room.

3 minutes left.

She ran out the castle gate, lucky for her a guard was still on duty until midnight. She then ran through the town. Almost everyone was indoors besides the shop keepers closing up for the night. She ran, and ran. Until she reached it.

The woods.

And just in time she saw her body take it's solid shape again.

Ahead of her was a sign: Arcane Woods.  Enter with caution.

She stopped, her heart nearly skipping a beat. Her blood ran cold throughout her pale body. There in front of her were trees beyond trees, stretching for miles. Owls hooted in the distance; the sounds of stray wolves howled. The trees had an eerie glow to them, almost as suspicious as the moon. The full moon. It sparkled and provided a dim source of light for the woods. The air bit at her fingertips. Cool chills sprawled throughout her body. Blue, deep, dark light filtered through the top branches. She smelt the composting leaves crackling as she walk through, branches touching above as she walk below them. She discovered hidden wonders as she walked around, a green meadow hidden in the folds of the forest, the earthy smell of beginnings and endings. She was alone surrounded by nature. It was alive.

But she wasn't alone.

Her head sharply turned in the direction of cackling laughs and the uttermost evil chuckles. There across the trees were three others; she had company.

"Did you see his arms? They ripped right off!" A mysterious voice echoed.

A deep voice answered. "Forget that, what about the poor little girl I decapitated?"

"Sorry brother, but I'd have to agree with the arms falling off. I almost died of laughter!" A female voice chuckled.

What the heck were they talking about?

As her vision became clearer she could make out the three beings. They all looked to be around her age. They each had on dark clothing along with black cloaks; each bearing an arcane circle symbol on them.

The first one was a guy. His presence looked a little older than she had thought. He had a very strong built body. You could practically see his muscles bulging out of his armor chest plate. He had hair darker than the night sky, along with some stubble and bushy brows. His green eyes were like a meadow, the color of grass and leaves that made the forrest. His pale skin complimented very nice with his dark hair.

Although something was off about him.

The second was a young lady who looked more like her age. She had the same jet black hair as the first guy. In fact, they both looked very similar. She had a square face along with beautiful high cheek bones. Her skin was also the color of a ghost. Although, her eyes were more enchanting. The more she gazed into them the more under a trance she felt; they could be mistaken for the finest emeralds. She was very put together; she had on black lipstick and winged eyeliner defining her gorgeous eyes, along with black eye shadow and just the right amount of contour for such a pale face. She had on a tight black gown under her cloak, which showed how curvaceous she was. She resembled someone Accalia had seen before.