Chapter 8: Into the Woods ☽

Start from the beginning

"Whatcha got there?"

"I'm glad you asked!" She smiled. "I've made so much progress today. I can't wait for the next creation we will make on Thursday! I've got this enchantment book that my Nana gave to me from my mother herself. My mother was a witch that worked alongside your mother, actually. But—I've never seen my mother." Milly's eyes turned glassy as she stared into the wall.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I never got to meet my mother either. A girl could dream." Accalia bit her lip at the sight of Milly's expression only fading into a frown. In an effort to comfort her, she said, "Please, continue about your enchantment."

"Oh right!" Milly giggled. " Unlike enchanters and enchantresses who are born with powers, witches have to cast magic spells and use potions. And this book I was given is full of them! It's how I found the spell to convey messages to other people's minds. Right now I'm creating an invisibility potion. It's very powerful and hard to make. Not to be trusted in the hands of goons like Alec." She jeered, " Ew. Definitely. The potion consists of lavender and mageia blood boiled with a quick dash of lemon. I can't wait to try it. The potions created in class aren't anything too powerful because you know, can't trust anyone. But I get the privilege of being a witch and professor Kontos likes me a—"

Milly probably could have gone on for eternity....

Accalia's eyes narrowed, "How long does this potion last?" She questioned.

"Five minutes."

"And how exactly does one use it on themselves?"

"Why...."

"Just curious."

"Oh! Well this one has to be consumed." Milly beamed.

"You know what? Enough with this potion talk. We should probably get to bed, Milly. I have Battle Arts tomorrow. I'm also really tired." Accalia lied.

"Of course! I should rest my voice up for tomorrow anyway. I'll meet you at the lunch door tomorrow, ok?"

"Sure thing." Accalia

Milly went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Accalia peered at the fireplace to see it burned down to just coals. She shoveled the surrounding ashes on top of them and changed into a silk nightgown. She tied her hair up and dove under the covers. Milly shortly came in, and flipped the room switch off, hurrying herself to her bed.

"Goodnight, Calia." She murmured.

"Night Milly." Accalia grinned. And this grin was up to no good.

Accalia waited a few minutes until she thought Milly was sound asleep. She carefully undid her covers and went for the glass florence flask on Milly's desk. She grasped it, still warm to the touch. She popped the cork and stared at the slimy purple liquid, swiveling it around.

"My goodness, thank god it pays for Milly to be so naïve. Now to—"

The smell of the liquid finally hit her nostrils. Nasty. She gulped and held the substance to her mouth.

"Here goes nothing," she whispered.

She chugged the gooey fluid and surprisingly, it tasted—sort of good? But man was it still hot.