Chapter 10

I spent the night and most of the next day at Jessica's house. Jasper had a soccer game at 7:00 the next day so he picked me up from her house around 5:30. I didn't mind having to go to watch his soccer. He was amazing, one of the best on the team. He would never admit that though, being so modest.

Jasper was by far my favourite sibling. It was probably really bad saying, well thinking, that but it was true. He never started fights like Jordyn and Jackson did, and he was old enough to have a real conversation with unlike Grace, Justin, and Anna. I liked Gabe as well but we were extremely different. Yeah we looked alike, so alike that people thought we were twins, but when it came to our likes, dislikes and personalities we were polar opposites.

The game they played was rough. It was the top two teams in the league, Rivertown Cobras versus Cataraqui United. Rivertown wanted to win so that they would be top of the league so they played extremely dirty.

Thankfully, Cat United won 4-1, allowing them to keep their title of first place. Jasper was ecstatic after. He had an amazing game, scoring two goals in the first half. After that he decided to stop and set up his teammates so they could score as well.

Together we laughed and bounced back to the car happily. His good mood was infectious.

It was one of those perfect nights. The air was warm but not so warm that it was sticky and made you feel heavy. By the time we had gotten to the car it was almost 9:00 and the sun had jut set down behind the trees. Stars had slowly started appearing in the sky, giving it a nice, simple look.

Jasper had the music turned way up and together we sang along to Uptown Funk, one of the most annoying but catchy songs on the radio. I laughed hysterically as Jasper tried to dance and drive at the same time.

Sadly good moods don't last for long. As soon as we walked in the door dad yelled, "Tess, Jasper, can you guys come here a second?"

"Sure!" We both responded. We were still laughing about how fun the car ride was. Jasper had taken my phone because apparently, I wasn't paying enough attention to him.

"Give it back!" I laughed. "I'm trying to make plans!"

He gave it back after a long dramatic sigh and I texted Jaime back quickly, telling her I'd just have to ask my dad about going over. "Oh and dad, I said as we walked into the living room. "Jaime wants me to- wait, what is this?"

Dad and Ashley were standing just in front of me, facing the living room. Jordyn, Anna and Grace were squished together on the couch on the far side of the room, Justin and Gabe were on the Loveseat opposite them. Jasper and I squished together on the recliner when he motioned for us to sit down.

"We have some news for you all." Ashley smiled nervously. "We're moving."

"Moving!" All us kids shouted at once. We all started to argue but were cut off by dad speaking.

"Yes moving." Dad had said with a stern glare directed at all eight of us. "Ashley got offered a promotion which pays a lot better. They said if she takes it though she's going to have to move."

"But what about your job?" Gabe asked dad.

"I've already worked that out." He answered. "You guys don't need to worry about it."

"Where are we moving to?" Jordyn asked.

"Chilliwack, British Columbia. Only a few hours away from where we live now. Ashley and I have already started looking for houses." Dad told us.

"When are we leaving?" Grace asked shyly. "Because I have to go to Alyssa's birthday party on Sunday. I already bought her a present and everything."