Chapter 7

Jaime's house was great. She lived in a big house with more then enough rooms. There were 4 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a kitchen with a separate dining room and an in-ground pool in the backyard.

I think that her house seemed so big because there wasn't 10 people living there like at my house. Jaime lived with both of her parents, her little brother Dylan and their three Great Danes, King, Padfoot and Moony. Padfoot, being the friendliest of the three, had not stopped following me around since I got here 3 days ago. It made me feel happy just having him follow me around and just physically being there. I had been sleeping on an extra mattress on Jaime's floor and every night Padfoot came over and lied down pretty much on top of me.

My parents had been fine with me staying here for a little while which was good. At first they were mad and tried to make me come back home but Jasper and Mrs Latimer talked them into letting me stay with them until I was ready to go back home. I didn't want to have to face them and I didn't want to have to face Jordyn so I was extremely grateful for the Latimer's.

I had told Jaime everything, from what had happened last month with Jess to Jordyn outing me. She deserved to know, especially since I had taken over her bedroom. She was super supportive but there was only so much she could do. She couldn't do anything about what was happening at school.

Yes, Jessica Love and Lily Carlin were officially, and openly, dating.

Everyone was talking about the new lesbian couple. Neither of them were openly gay before, they were both half-closeted, so it came as a shock to most people. They came out through the Internet, Lily had posted a picture of the two of them from when they were younger and compared it to one they had just recently taken of them kissing. She called it their Transformation Thursday.

Lily thrived in the spotlight. She was always wrapping her arm around Jess and kissing her and acting all cute and lovey with her. Jess didn't like all that attention and would just blush and shy away from these gestures.

Somehow I was constantly seeing it. There was no way to hide myself from them. It seemed like every time I turned a corner they were there. It just made me even more sad. Honestly I was glad for Jess's broken leg. I don't know if I would have been able to handle gym class with those two.

I still had to see Lily in there though. She'd go on and on about Jess. What they did that weekend, what their plans were tomorrow. I went through this torture for three weeks until they broke up. June 11th was a weird day for everybody.

It was quite obvious that the two of them had had a nasty breakup but there were two completely different sides to it. Lily was a mess.

According to Olivia Lily had started skipping class to go smoke. She had been walking down to the village around our school to get her hair cut during third period when she saw Lily and her other friends smoking behind the gas station.

Lily did not shut up about it. "I was so good to her! I mean I gave her everything and she just shoved it back at me!" Was a common thing to hear in the Gym Class Changerooms. "I always showed how much I loved her, texted her first all the time, we always made plans, I mean, I was a great girlfriend. She just doesn't know what she's missing." People around her would silently nod their heads, except for her friend Madi who was just as loud and opinionated as she was.

Jess, on the other hand, never looked better. She looked really, truly happy again. She didn't look uncomfortable when she sat with her friends. I heard that she was back to normal in all her other classes. Back to normal meaning not sad and depressive looking. Everyone, especially in our grade, was divided. With Lily hanging out with most of the stoners and sketchy kids and Jess hanging out with the smarter, academic kids everyone was involved.