Chapter 9

The inside of Jessica's house was just as grand as the outside. You walked in and were greeted with a huge front foyer. There was a mat for your shoes and a rack for your coat off to the side. Beside there was a laundry room that was as big as two of my houses bathrooms combined.

Off of the front foyer you could go two directions. The first was straight, leading out to a giant living room and from there you'd turn into another room which I am assuming is the kitchen. The second way was a set of stairs leading down into the basement.

"Come on, my room's this way." Jessica took my hand and led me down the stairs. Downstairs you could either walk straight into the sitting area filled with a giant pull-down screen with a projector, two big couches and a La-Z-Boy recliner. You could also go left where there was a small bar with tons of alcohol. To the left was also a spare bedroom and a big pool table.

Jessica led me to the right. We turned the corner, basically making a U-turn, and walked down the hallway to her room. Her room was the first room down the short hall.

"That's the bathroom right down there." She said to me, pointing at the other closed door at the end of the hallway.

Jess pushed her door open. In the centre of the room was a giant King sized bed. There were two small bedside tables on each side. Over top of her bed were a bunch of small cube-shaped shelves filled with books. There was an L-shaped desk shoved into the far corner with school books and a laptop spread across it. Her closet was tucked into the right side of the bedroom and there were three full body length mirrors on the doors.

"Holy." I whispered at seeing the size of her room.

"I know it's a little much." She said. "It's pretty much all my cousin's stuff. Last year he moved out of my aunt's house with his girlfriend and they didn't need the bed, the desk or that," she pointed to the comfortable looking chair on the far side of the room. "for their apartment." She finished.

"No no it's fine!" I told her. "I'm just used to mess and chaos. I live in a family of 10 so my house so clean is extremely rare."

Our eyes locked as she smiled at me. Neither of us turned away, not wanting to be the first to look away, so we just awkwardly stared at each other for a few more seconds. "You can um just uh put your bag down by my bed." Jess stuttered. I laughed a bit at her awkwardness but did as she said. Jess grabbed her laptop from the desk and sat down on the bed. She patted the spot beside her, telling me to join her.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" She asked me as she typed into Google.

"Do you like Pirates Of The Caribbean?" I asked.

"I love those movies! Do you watch Dancing With The Stars? Because Riker Lynch was on it, I love Riker Lynch, and one week was Disney week and he dressed as Jack Sparrow!" She spoke quickly and excitedly. "I watched a 30 minutes video of his Jack Sparrow impression."

"That's Captain Jack Sparrow." I smirked. She threw her head back as she laughed and once she had calmed down she turned on Netflix. She put on the first one because neither of us cared which one we watched.

With 5 minutes left of the movie Jessica's dad called us up for dinner. As we walked out of her room and up the stairs. We had just about made it to the living room when Jess stuck her arm out, holding me back. Kylie and Kiana came running down the hallway laughing as a big brown and black dog chased after them.

"And that's Zeus." Jess laughed. She called the dog over and he stopped so quickly he slide a few feet and then pranced over to Jess and I. He saw me and gave a few loud barks.

"Hey!" Jess yelled to get him to stop. The dog looked at her and cocked his head. Jess patted her chest a few times and Zeus hopped up, putting his big paws on her shoulders.