Hour 12

AngelAmyRF : 3:25 am 11 hours. Little spoon is going to sleep. Thank you for following along. Goodnight. #elevatorwithbenn

We are startled awake by the jolting of the elevator up and down. We both sit up quickly and look at each other. I rub my eyes to try to get them to open but it's almost impossible. I pick up my phone from the floor. It's 4:20am, we've only been sleeping an hour. "Are they done?" Jamie asks as he stands up. He holds his hand out to help me up off of the floor, I take it and he pulls me up.

"We aren't moving just yet. Maybe they're close," I reply. Jamie bends down and picks up his suit jacket off of the floor and puts it on. I look around to make sure I have everything in my backpack. I unzip my backpack, take my hoodie out, and put it back on.

"Don't put that back on. I like the under armour on you," he says with a smirk.

"Naughty, naughty boy," I reply.

AngelAmyRF : I think we're close to getting off this thing #elevatorwithbenn

AngelAmyRF : I'm going to miss @jamiebenn14 #elevatorwithbenn

After a few minutes we can hear power starting to go to the elevator and it starts descending down. "I can't believe we're actually getting off," Jamie says as he looks up at the floor numbers counting down.

"Speak for yourself," I reply and laugh.

"Now who's naughty?" he asks as he shakes his head. He hugs me. "I just wanted to say I am so thankful you're the one I was stuck with on this elevator." He kisses my cheek.

"You're making me sad."

AngelAmyRF : 4:25am 12 hours later and we are about to be free. Thank you to those who followed along with us and those who tweeted me #elevatorwithbenn

The elevator reaches the lobby and the doors open. There are a few people waiting for us. I can recognize that there are a few people from the hotel. Someone with a Stars track jacket grabs Jamie by the shoulder almost immediately after the doors open. "Come on, Jamie we have to go," he says as he begins to pull him away.

Jamie looks back at me. "I just want to say goodbye," he says.

"We don't have time. The plane is waiting for us," the guy says as he continues to pull Jamie away as the hotel staff tries to talk to them. "Sir, we don't have time. The Stars organization will be in touch."

"Bye, Jamie!" I shout across the lobby before he gets to the doors. He waves to me before he is dragged through the doors.

One of the hotel managers walks over to me. "On behalf of Embassy Suites and Hilton I want to offer my deepest apologies for the malfunctioning of our elevator and the length of time it took to repair. Is there anything I can do for you?" he says sincerely.

"I just want to go to bed," I reply, "I do appreciate your apologies but right now I just need a bed."

He nods his head along with what I say. "Understandable. We can talk when you're ready. Make sure you see me before you leave. Stay as long as you like. Your stay will be no charge to you." He hands me his card. I take it from him and put it in my pocket. "Again, we sincerely apologize for what happened."

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Goodnight."

I walk over to the doors to the stairwell and slowly make my way up the 5th floor. Each flight seems harder and harder to overcome. My legs really don't want to walk up all of these stairs but I'm not about to take the elevator again. I finally make it up to our floor and I make my way down the hallway to our room. I slip the key in the slot and slowly open the door. I'm not sure if AnnMarie is asleep or not. I would hope she's asleep. It's so late, or early I guess.

The room is dark and I unlock my phone to use as a flashlight as I creep my way over to my bed. I put my backpack down on the floor and sit down on the bed. I grab my sweatpants and shirt out of my bag to change into and walk into the bathroom. After I pee one of those most satisfying pees in my life I quickly change into my pajamas and make my way back out into the room. I lie down in bed. It's almost orgasmic how good it feels to be in this bed right now. I take out my phone one last time before I settle in for the night.

jamiebenn14 : @AngelAmyRF sorry I couldn't say goodbye.

AngelAmyRF : @jamiebenn14 It's ok. You had to go. See you in Philly. Get some sleep

jamiebenn14 : @AngelAmyRF miss you already

AngelAmyRF : @jamiebenn14 miss you more

"You're here?" AnnMarie says and startles me. I didn't know she was awake.

"Yeah I just got in," I reply as I lie down on my side to face her. I put my phone on the nightstand.

"You didn't bring Jamie here with you?" she jokes.

"He had to go. They dragged him away. Didn't even get to say goodbye," I say.

"That's sad. You can tell me everything that happened when you wake up. Get some sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Even though I am dead tired and can't keep my eyes open I don't fall asleep right away. I lie in bed with my eyes closed with images of my time with Jamie playing in my head. Now that I'm out of it, it doesn't even seem real. I only got off of the elevator 15 minutes ago and it feels like it's already a distant memory. I had such a good time with him even though we were in the situation we were in. I can't imagine what I would have done if I were alone or with anyone else but him. I doubt I'll be going on an elevator any time soon but I am almost glad it happened. I got to spend one on one time with one of my favorite hockey players. I got him to come out of his shell a bit. We kissed. We made out. We spooned. We got married. We moved in together. It was an unbelievable 12 hours. It's hard to imagine life without him being right there and smiling at me. Life goes on, though, and I must rest. My thoughts start to dwindle away and I finally fall asleep.