Hour 5

AngelAmyRF : 8:25pm. 4 hours in. Supposed to be out. Not even close. #elevatorwithbenn

AngelAmyRF : I feel bad for him, he's missing his game #elevatorwithbenn

I start to get tweets that they're talking about Jamie being stuck on the elevator during the game. They showed a few of my tweets during the game. They have been sending me pictures of their TVs. It's crazy how much this has taken off. I just started live tweeting it because I was bored. Now people are talking about it on TV. I get a few notifications that ESPN and TSN have started following me. I think even a few hockey players have started following me. This is crazy. I can't keep up with it all.

"They're talking about us on TV," I say, breaking almost 10 minutes of silence.

"Oh yeah?" he replies.

"That's what Twitterland tells me."

"I guess we shouldn't have been so flirty. They might get the wrong idea," he says.

I look down at my phone. "Yeah. The wrong idea." I know we are just joking around to kill time in here but I was hoping that we had something. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. I feel so stupid for thinking he might actually like me. I reply to some more tweets. So many people have been tweeting me. I hate to ignore them. I try to reply to as many tweets as I can.

"Can you read me something you've written?" he asks out of nowhere.

"Oh I don't know, Jamie," I reply. I've never been comfortable reading my own work out loud. I just told him how I have a fear of public speaking. I don't really have anything worth reading with me anyway.

"It's just me," he reassures me.

"I don't really have anything with me," I say.

"You don't have anything? I find that hard to believe."

I sigh. "I have this thing I wrote yesterday. It's not even close to being good. It's just a rough start of something I was thinking about."

"I'd love to hear it if that's ok with you."

I open up the notepad on my phone. I usually make handwritten notes when I write but I left my notebook at home so I wrote a little on my phone when I couldn't fall asleep last night. "You would think that a human being could not be invisible. You would think that it is impossible. Just think how many times you thought that you would like to be invisible. You could go anywhere you wanted to go and do anything you wanted to do. It sounds like it would be amazing to be invisible. What if you actually were? What if no one could see you? Well it is possible. I live it every day of my life. I am not invisible in any sense of the word but are you invisible when people choose not to see you? I believe you are." I look up at him and he's just watching me. I look back down at my phone. I have more written but I don't think I want to go on.

"Is there more? I really like it."

"I, uh, yeah that's it for now. As I said, I just wrote it yesterday. It's still a work in progress."

"Do you feel that way?" he asks. I just stare at him. "Um, I mean, you read it like you felt it. Like it was personal. If you don't want to answer you don't have to."

I hang my head. "Maybe I used to. Not so much now. I don't let people make me feel that way anymore."

"You can write a whole book based on that one paragraph?"

"Yeah I already see it in my head. That's how I usually write. It plays out in my head as if it were a memory and I just put it to words on the paper. It's going to be a love story. I just have to get an outline written down. I wasn't really supposed to be writing this weekend. I told myself I would give myself some time off but I was having trouble sleeping and it came to me."