seven

"Ashton," a voice said and I felt a shake on my shoulder. "Its time to wake up." I grumbled and threw the closest thing near me at the person, which happened to be a pillow.

"A couple more minutes?" I pleaded, trying to go back to sleep.

"Not today. Hurry up and get ready, I have to go to work." At this sentence I shot my head up, opening my eyes. Sure enough my mom was standing there. My mom doesn't work, when did this happen?

"Work?" I asked confusingly. "When did his happen? I thought the only way you made money was selling drugs." My mom's eyes widened and she slapped my face.

"Don't ever talk about drugs in my house." She scoffed at my reaction. "I've had a job since forever, Ashton, and you know that." She flattened her skirt and left my room.

My room looked strangely different, as so was my mom's life style. There wasn't any band posters on the wall. No CDs lined my shelf's. Just books. My room looked like a nerd's. I'm so confused. Is this some twisted dream?

I looked at the time noticing its way early than I usually get up. But I obliged to my mom's instructions, so I didn't get slapped again, and got dressed.

My wardrobe looked different. No black tees, no black skinnies, no black vans. Just nerdy clothes. I also noticed on the night stand glasses and put them on and they enhanced my vision a lot.

I sighed making my way downstairs and noticed my mom made pancakes. I hate pancakes. But, my mom had a suspicious look when I told her. So I ate them anyways acting as if I was joking.

When I was finished my mom insisted to drive me to school. So, we got in the car, an expensive looking one and I remember having a mini van, and we headed off to school.

I didn't really like my nerdy self. I liked that my mom actually had a job and took care of me. But, I could tell this wasn't just a dream and some fake reality. But, I just went with the flow. Hopefully Luke could help me.

I honestly don't remember waking up from the coma, but I guess I apparently did. Or maybe this was just some realistic dream I have? I highly doubt it though. But I hope so.

Soon enough my mom finally pulled into the school parking lot. She kissed my cheek and told me to "have fun at school" if that was possible. I watched as she pulled off and headed inside.

All of a sudden I was pushed into a locker. "Nerd." Michael sputtered out as he pushed me into the locker more. Why would Michael do this? I knew he wouldn't bully someone.

I tried pushing him away but that only ended up with him slapping me. Right were my mom did.

"Let me go, Michael." I whined out. He just laughed in my face and pushed me on the floor. Before he could do anything else I ran off. I'll tell Luke, hopefully he still has a crush on me in this world. I hope he beats up Michael.

"Ashton!" Someone called out, I recognized the voice of Calum. "I saw Michael slap you, are you okay?" He asked me. I just shrugged and that made Calum hug me. I'm guessing he's my friend.

"I need to talk to Luke. Do you know where he is?" I asked Calum in hopes of him having a clue. He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused. Or was it jealousy?

"Luke? Yeah, uh, he's over there making out with Alice." He pointed over to where the purple haired girl was, and she was practically eating his face. "Why would you want to talk to him?"

I noticed this Luke was different. He wasn't my Luke. He had brown hair in a fringe and a nose piercing, just like Alice. He didn't even look like a twin of Luke in some sort.

"Hemmings. Luke Hemmings, not him." I shouted at Calum, getting a bit frustrated. But he just got more confused.

"Ashton, his last name is McChesney. You sure you're alright, babe?" Babe? Am I like dating Calum? No not Calum, its supposed to be Luke.

"I'm talking about a different Luke." I sighed, him noticing my distress. So, he cupped my face in his hands and pressed his lips to mine.

"Calm down, Ashy. I'll make you feel better." He winked and pulled on my hand, taking us into a facility closet.

This is not how my life is supposed to be.