one

I was woken up by the annoying sound of my alarm clock this morning. I hit snooze a few times until I finally decided to get up, which was half an hour late for class. I mean you couldn't blame me. I had stayed up all night until about four in the morning. Leaving me with two hours of sleep.

Lately, this has been happening. I'm not positive of what it is or could be, just that its happening. Could be insomnia. Depression. Anxiety. You never know.

I rushed myself to get ready for school. Not even my mother was able to get me up. I mean, shouldn't mothers be responsible for their child? She was out again last night probably sucking some guys dick. I heard that front door at three so I know she was out.

I finally took some courage to actually walk into school. I made my way into my science class, getting a scowl from the teacher, and sat in my assigned seat. No one sat beside me but it's not like I cared. The seat beside me was for a new kid. As if there were going to be any.

In that moment, I jinxed myself. Some tall, blonde guy walked in the class. He was new and I could tell. I never saw him before. And it's not one of those people who go to your school and you never see them until you actually encounter them. He was different. Way different.

He walked up to the teacher and a look a recognition came across her face. She said something to him that I couldn't quite hear and he nodded. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him. It was so strange. Now, I'm not gay but its just those moments were you just can't look away.

"Everybody," Mrs. Williams called out, brushing her orange hair out of her face. "We have a new student, Luke Hemmings."

His face flashed annoyance making him look like he was about to run out of the class room. But, he didn't.

"You can sit beside Ashton." She pointed to me.

I watched as Luke made his way towards me not taking my eyes off of him at any moment. He stumbled over his desk and it moved slightly, making a rough sliding sound. His cheeks turned bright pink as the whole class looked back and he was on the floor. Most of them were laughing but I gave him a sympathetic smile.

I know how its like to get laughed at everyday.

Luke just got up and sat down not even looking at me. I have to admit, that kinda hurt. I'm used to being ignored or acted as if I were invisible, but I just thought that there may be a chance for a friend. I was wrong. As always, very wrong.

The rest of the day went on and I only saw him at lunch and two other classes. We only shared a few glances but he seemed to be ignoring me. That's seemed of an ass move since he doesn't even know me.

Soon, I was able to go home and just do whatever. I never did much out of school, just blast music in my headphones and ignore the world. Or maybe even sleep. That is if I was able to.