Chapter 1

Jennifer's P.O.V.

I looked at the dull, black clock willing for it to move to the 12. Just 5 more minutes and I'm free!! My chin rested on my palm and I just stared at Mrs. Lopez while she told the whole class how to say greetings in Spanish. I heard the sounds of pencil against paper next to me. I turned to my right seeing Sarah, the teacher's pet, scribbling at fast as she can what Mrs. Lopez is saying.

"Does anyone know how to say 'Hello, my name is, and then your name?" Mrs.Lopez asked the class. No one raised their hands except Sarah. She waved her furiously from side to side next to me. Mrs. Lopez ignored but looked at me.

"What about you Ms. Scott? Would you like to tell us how to say it?" Mrs. Lopez said knowing I wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying for the past hour. Beside me, Sarah slumped back in her chair fuming that she didn't get picked.

"Ahh," I started trying my best to remember what the teacher said. Nothing. I couldn't remember anything she just said. So I tried playing dumb. "I didn't understand it. Can you tell me one more time?" I asked Mrs. Lopez with a confused look on my face.

She opened her mouth to tell me the answer but was cut off by the dismissal bell. Everybody picked up their stuff and ran to the door. I went with the mob out the door heading towards my locker.