Surprises

Naomi

"Guess what, guess WHAT!" Jade said running into my office.

"What? WHAT?" I said mocking her excitement.

"You are going to be on the cover of Business Weekly," Aya said walking in behind Jade.

Jade gasped and turned around to glare at Aya, "Bitch!"

"Thanks love," Aya said with a smile.

"I'm gonna be on the cover of Business Weekly? Why?"

"Duh... They want to do a story on the young couple that took the business world by storm," Jade said.

"Couple? COUPLE?!" I said standing up and resting my hands on the desk, "We. Are. NOT. A. Couple."

"Relax chica daang," Jade said.

"Love, the word couple has many meanings. No need to freak out."

"What's with you and calling people love?" I asked Aya irritated.

"Hey I came from a two night performance in England with a British boy band opening for me what did you expect?"

"Stop with the whole love thing because it is getting annoying," Jade said.

"How dare you?" Aya said.

"How dare me? How dare you? How dare you disregard my rudeness you know that it is my thing."

"Awe sweetie I know," Aya said

"Awe you are so-"

"Gross stop with the mushy stuff and focus here," I said.

Jade rolled her eyes, "Moguls."

I shot her a look, "you said 'couple' does that mean Mario will be on the cover too?"

"Yup."

"Please don't freak out about the shoot," Aya said.

"What? I don't freak out, why would I freak out?"

"Because your stupid pride causes you to deny your attraction to Mario so you freak out about anything Mario and Naomi related," Jade said cleaning her nails.

"Pumpkin we need to help you dial down the bluntness and give your mouth a filter," Aya said.

"Awe you know me-"

"Okay Mrs. and Mrs. Hale-Jaiteh stay on task. I'm totally okay with this shoot it actually sounds kind of fun."

"I knew you'd get this way look Naomi don't freak out- wait did you just say fun?" Jade asked before turning to Aya and saying, "why isn't she freaking out?"

"I don't know, you tell me," Aya said eyeing me like I'm a ticking bomb or something."

"Something happened," Jade said pointing her French manicured finger at me.

"Nothing happened, nothing at all."

She sniffed the air, "something definitely did my senses are telling me."

"Ooh what do you think happened? What is your nose picking up?" Aya said.

"Something happened...a kiss. Did you kiss, you did didn't you?"

"No, nothing happened. A kiss please, I have a boyfriend."

"She did, she did! They kissed!" Jade yelled.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I said covering Jade's mouth.

"Well did you?" Aya asked.

"It was a mistake," I said running my hand through my hair.