Just a Blur

Pic of Mario on the side, he's played by Nick Bateman.

NAOMI

'Come on Naomi, you can do it. All you have to do is step out of the door and get it over with.'

I took a deep breath and wrenched my door open. I had on a modern kimono dress. It was floral and it flowed with every step that I took. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun-I'm seriously considering cutting it, it's getting too long. I wore no shoes, only socks. I cautiously walked into the dining room eyeing everywhere wearily. Mario was sitting there chewing away on his omelette de fine herbs. He looked indifferent while I was practically shitting my pants. He didn't even seem bothered or the slightest bit shakened. What if I had imagine this whole damn kiss?

'I highly doubt that that was just your imagination. The kiss was way too mind blowing to be just a freaking dream! I don't want it to be a dream.' My conscience said.

I greeted everyone and took my seat next to Mario. I was looking at him as he looked so satisfied eating his omelette. He look cute like a little boy getting the action figure that they wanted for Christmas. He raised his head in time to meet my eyes?

"What?" he questioned.

"Nothing," I said taking a bite of my omelette.

I could feel him staring a hole through the right side of my face. "I don't like to be left in the dark Naomi."

I took another bite, "Do you sleep with a nightlight then?"

He frowned, "you know what I mean."

"I was looking at you because you looked really....um... happy. You looked really satisfied with your omelette."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. What-what did you think it was?" I questioned coyly.

He stayed silent for a moment just staring at me. "That I had something on my face."

We were so engrossed in talking to each other that we didn't notice we were the only ones left at the table. I finished eating my omelette in silence just thinking about lastnight.

[]

"I just don't even know anymore," Jade said.

I switched my phone to my other ear, "Do you love him?"

She paused for awhile, "Love is a strong word Naomi."

"Do you really like him?"

"I guess."

"Then what is the problem?"

"I-I don't know," she breathed before continuing, "I care for him, I really do. I'm just not sure that I want to be with him again."

"Sweetie it's fine to not want to be with him."

"It's just that he really hurt me and I'm not sure I'm ready for that emotional roller coaster again."

"Listen to me Jade. Do whatever is best for you and would make you happy. Nobody and I mean nobody can tell you what the right thing to do is."

"Can you at least give me some advice, help me out a bit?"

"When you two were together, you were great. You had a lot of fun together, you really cared about each other. I know he loved you as much as you loved him. But, the drama he put you through was a lot for you. He was young and stupid, he had no idea what to do. He's a great guy and I think he really changed."

"So you think I should give it another go."

"I'm not saying that."

"I shouldn't give it a second try?"