Chapter One- Don't Worry Your Just The Lost Princess!

Hi, I wrote this story awhile ago and I have lost my knack for writing it. I apologize for leaving you guys at a cliffhanger so if you cannot bear unfinished stories stay away. Additionally, I was very young when I wrote this so there are obvious plot holes

*

Chapter One

"Violet, Did you not wash the laundry?" Aunt Mary cried. I looked up from my bed and sucked in a breath.

"I .. I forgot," I said meekly as she narrowed her eyes.

"What are we going to do? Jonathon and Casey can't keep wearing the same clothes to school every day! I thought I could rely on you!" She yelled as she rocked the baby in her hands soothingly.

I swallowed grimly as she started listing off my punishments. I sunk my nails in my palm. I was so frustrated with the twins screaming in my ear. Shutup! I wanted to scream. I hated the kids I had to share a room with sometimes.

"Everyone in beds now!" Mary screamed. All the kids rushed to bed.

"Take the laundry out now," Aunt Mary demanded and pulled me up. She was around her mid-forties and she already had gray hair. She was a nun but she insisted everyone called her Aunt Mary to make us feel more at home. She took me in when I was a baby and no one wanted me. She was the closest thing I had to family. She took care of ten kids with the help of her younger sister occasionally and some church workers. We all lived in a tiny house with two rooms and with twenty kids it was extremely cramping.

I did love all the kids here and we all treated each other as siblings. I was an older sister to most of the other kids and by me not doing the laundry I was showing discipline.

I was the oldest of the kids and space was beginning to be needed. I knew I had to move out soon to college and find a way to live myself. She couldn't take care of me forever but she was being unfair right now. "It's raining like crazy outside and Joe's Laundry is probably closed!" I complained as she threw my rain boots at me. They were one size too small but I couldn't complain as most of the kids didn't even own rain boots.

"I'll give them a ring, they'll open the door for you," She said as we walked out of the room. The kids hushed quickly as she walked by their beds. A few giggled as she nipped the bottom of their feet. "Goodnight kids," She said.

"Goodnight Aunt Mary," They chorused back. She shut the door quietly and handed me a few quarters and a heavy basket of everyone's laundry.

"Go before they close . I told them you'd be there before eleven. You better run," Her wrinkled worn out face smiled halfheartedly as I groaned. "It's just around the corner, You'll be fine."

I left the house grumbling and shivered as the rain pounded at me. As I walked down the street I pondered out loud. "Why can't I live in a mansion with maids and a nice family." I sighed. I reached the store and opened the door clumsily.

I deposited the coins and dumped the clothes in. No one was around here so I figured they had gone to sleep and just left me to close up. I rested my wet muddy feet on mat so it would not trail water everywhere. Chug, chug chug chug, the machine span around.

After three loads the clothes were washed and I put then back into the round wooden basket. I heaved it up and exited shutting the lights off. I crossed the road mumbling to myself sleepily.

"Ugh," I whined as someone's pants fell out of the basket. I bent down. I balanced the basket on my knee and retrieved the pants quickly. Suddenly the next events happened so fast. A car screeched as it stopped in front of me. Their was sudden blinding lights and voices and before I knew it a black bag had been out over my head. I screamed as my vision faded and I was knocked out.