Chapter 24: I Won't Give Up

Isabella POV

I never thought that there was such a comfortable and cosy pillow in this bed. I might as well make the most of it. So I bury my face into it and sigh against its warmth, resting my head on the pillow. Only then do I realise that it isn't a pillow, because pillows don't have heart beats, it's a person. The one and only Nikolas Taptiklis.

" Oh! My Lord....Nick, h-how did...? " His usual cocky smirk is stuck on his face, but it's still brighter than the sun, if that is possible. Nikolas' real smiles are always glowing like they have just been delivered from God and the angels. He's truly the definition of beauty. I think they need to edit that word in the dictionairy, and write Nikolas Taptiklis below it. Although it still doesn't explain how beautiful he is, it's worth it.

" Bells, I took you to bed last night and I fell asleep beside you. And the shirt issue is that I never sleep with a shirt on, sometimes if I am alone, I only wear boxers. If you want me to dress like that then you just have to ask, my jingle Bells, there's no need to be shy." All I want to do at this moment is whip that sly smirk of his off of his handsome face, but the huskiness of his voice catches my actions. For some reason Nick's voice seems to be deeper in the morning, and I find it quite attractive, especially with his messy bed hair and usual beauty.

" No thank you...Nikolas. Ummm, do you want chocolate pancakes? "  My voice escapes in a shaking and wavering tone, and I instantly know Nick knows why because his smirk develops even more from its usual state. " Yes. Thank you for the offer, babycakes..."  The huskiness of his voice and the words he speaks causes my thoughts to whizz uncontrolably and wildly, into a whirlpool. " It's no problem, Nikolas."  When those words leave my mouth he chuckles amusingly yet curiously, his eyebrow raised for my response.

" What happened to calling me by my nickname? I know you love it because you are the only one that can call me that."  What I don't want to say is that I do enjoy it, otherwise he will forever see me as a desperate sl*t that just wants fame and money. Which I don't want him to see me as. " Nikolas, I'll be downstairs making pancakes."  His beaming smile lights up the room, and I can't help but notice his eight pack, perfect V-line, perfectly sculpted chest and his muscles. Why is he so perfect? Why can't my boss be an ugly, old man so I don't feel attracted to him? Why is it always me?

" Take a picture, baby, it'll last longer." It might not be the right situation to laugh at, but that's what I am doing. His cheesy grin just sets me off without me realising it. The next minute you know, Nikolas is laughing along with me, his laugh is like music to my ears. Not the type that make your ears bleed, the music that relaxes your whole body, the music that keeps you steady. The music that holds your world.

" No thank you, Nick. Stop being such a flirt because you don't affect me." As soon as those words leave my mouth a ball of regret tumbles into my stomach. He knows that he does have an affect on me, and he is going to prove it. His way. And this means that he is going to make me prove it, I know him too well. His facial expression tells me the whole plan. A wicked and sly smile plays on his thick lips, " You are lying to yourself, Bells."  Nick is about to take a step towards me, but an unexpected, metallic crash interrupts his actions.

My body jolts a few steps towards Nikolas, reaching and hoping for comfort. My wish is fulfilled by Nikolas wrapping his protective arms around my body, acting as a shield for my safety. " Bells, you stay here, okay? I'm going to check who's there."  His hands calmly strokes the length of my hair as he talks to me sweetly. What if he gets hurt himself? How am I supposed to know if he's safe or not? Why are you worrying about him? Exactly....why am I even caring for his safety? Because he cares for you. Because he wants to keep you safe.

" What ab-"  But before I can speak one word to him, he is descending the stairs cautiously.

Nikolas POV

" Hello, hello, hello...Mr. Taptiklis. Nice to see you again."  Bells' father stands before me, his eyes igniting with envy and fury. Why the f*ck is he all the way in Hawaii? How did he know that we are staying here? My expression is most likely puzzled. A mischievious grin is plastered on his gloomy, dull face. All I want is Bells safe, that's all it takes for me to be satisfied. " The feeling isn't mutual. What is your problem? "  I am not going to let him anywhere near Bells, that is a promise that isn't going to be broken. Ever. We told him to never bother us again, and here he is, in Hawaii.

" Well, why is my daughter travelling to Hawaii and living with a complete stranger? "  His voice is eerily smooth, not croaky, how I thought it would be. Is that how Bells thinks of me? A stranger? After all of these things I've done, she might think of me as a stranger being nice? Maybe she doesn't think that we could be a thing?  " I am no stranger to her, and this is all just a business deal, there isn't anything going on between Bells and I, so keep your nose out."  Mr. Williamson chuckles evily, his evil smirk still on his disgrace of a face. What if he wants Bells back? He is her guardian and is allowed to take her from me, but I don't want that. I don't want Bells taken from me, she's all I have left. My only family.

" She's my daughter and my responsibility. Now you either hand her over, or there will be trouble." The consequences of refusing him shouldn't be that bad, nothing compared to the pain that I will feel if Bells is taken away from me. So it shouldn't at all affect me. My voice sounds determined and sure when it escapes my voice box, " Don't even think about touching her. I will suffer those consequences, not her."  A melodic voice breaks through our little conversation, soon-to-be argument. The one and only Bells.

" Nobody is going anywhere and nobody is getting hurt."  My head whips around in response to Bells' unexpected remark. She stands on the last step, her posture extremely perfect, her elegance glowing bright. She is the definition of perfection. This may sound cheap and cheesy, but you know how they say nobody is perfect? Isabella Williamson is perfect and there's nobody else like her. Even though she is stubborn, like she is acting now, it just builds up her relentless blocks of perfection.

" Bells, you are going to get hurt if you come any closer. Go upstairs."  My feet instantly take me to the bottom step of the polished stairs, where Bells stands, stubbornly. Her silky locks of golden hair bounce as she shakes her head, a frown dancing on her red lips. " No, Nick. I don't want you getting hurt."  I don't know if I am hallucinating or dreaming, but tears pool up in her mesmerising eyes, and forcibly trickle down her soft cheeks. My hand runs over her cheekbone, getting rid of any wetness from her unstoppable tears. " We're both going to get hurt if you don't listen to me."

I won't give up on us. I won't give up on saving Bells, because she deserves everything and anything. Including a successful, magnificent life. She's not mine, but she has my heart secured safely in her soft hands. Bells has all of me, and I don't want to take any of it away from her, but I may not have a choice now. " Time's up, b*tches."

A searing, stinging pain rips its way through my sensitive skin...

#Ash

₩ M.B.B ₩