Chapter 15: Crazy

Isabella POV

" Come on, Bells...it will be fun." Nikolas is constantly pestering me about going to the shops. Why does he need to go? He has already been, his groceries and other essentials are stored away in his mansion, like he told me, so why does he want to stroll around random shops? I remember when he took me to the shops with him, he needed boxers and shirts for work, and since I'm his secretary...I had to go with him. Why would he even take me to shopping? For boxers? Seriously? I had only just talked to him and he was already bossing me around like he was a King. Now I know the real Nikolas.

" Nick, why on Earth do you need to go shopping? My father may catch us...or worse."  Nikolas' eyes spiral into a ball of darkness at the mention of my father. He has grown some sort of dislike or hatred towards my father ever since the incident in the printer room. Ever since I had told him the story of my life, well, my childhood and current life. It's quite wierd how his emotions alter at the mention of my enemy, but it's also...cute. This may sound absurd, but I've noticed that Nikolas has become a little protective of me. For example, when we were at the ticket stand in the carnival, he demanded the guy to leave me alone because he was flirting with me. He was...jealous.

" Just...we can have some fun. I know we just came back from our date, but we still have some time."  Nikolas is tugging on my blouse sleeve, his lips in a pouty position for me to give in and agree to his unnecessary shopping. His arms are crossed over his chest, he discarded his blazer as we were driving back to work, and now his perfectly sculpted biceps' lines are on display, trapping me in a trance that's almost everlasting. Until he snaps his fingers in my face and greets me with his usual signature smirk, " I know I am a Greek God, but make your mind up. Or I'll make you." He finishes his sentence with a ridiculously funny wiggle to his eyebrows.

" Okay, then...but not for long."  A sigh escapes my lips as I feel defeated, but Nikolas doesn't notice, he just keeps his glowing smile on his face. I'm not upset that we are going shopping, I really want to, but I'm worried that my father may catch us together. That would inevitably result in me getting a fierce beating, and Nikolas being fined for absolutely no reason at all, and I wouldn't want that because it may affect the company. And Nikolas isn't the most pleasant man when his business approaches a loss or a huge decrease. Maybe you're worrying too much. This is your chance with Nikolas.......

A smile begins to grow on my face at the thought. Yeah, I could get to know him a little more, or maybe even be friends with him if he wants to climb out from the secretary and boss zone. " Get your jacket on, what are you waiting for? "  Nikolas raises his eyebrow at my remark, his smile changes into a playful one, but still as bright as ever. That's a positive thing about Nikolas, there's always some sort of sensation of happiness when he is with his close ones. He has a positive feeling around you therefore, you're a close one to him. Or maybe it's just recent....it most likely is.

" Okay, Bells, let's go."  Nikolas holds out his hand, signalling me to hold it, as if he believes we are together. Nikolas smiles gladly when I take his large yet soft hand into my petite one. Immediately a spark of electricity shoots up my arm, followed by a warm and welcoming feeling that rushes through my body. Nikolas clears his throat multiple times as I glower at his hand for making me feel such a way that pleasures me. " We're going to take my Lamborghini, Bells." His Lamborghini? He is a billionaire, darling. Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the fact that he has billions stuffed in his bank account and pockets. Nikolas isn't the billionaire type, you wouldn't notice he's a billionaire from his personality because he's not greedy at all. In fact, he's quite selfless towards the ones he knows, like me.

As we walk closer to the luxurious car, Nikolas smiles down at me, his smile is the sun that shines up my day. It's so beautiful. My eyes divert to the sleek white car, perfectly manufactured, not to mention the latest model. This man will be the death of me. I don't know why he lets me into his expensive life when I am just a helpless and poor girl that is in need of a true family. He lets me into his life by making me become his secretary, then after he asks me out on dates to these five star restaurants that I couldn't even dream of. Now Nikolas is leaping over the top, he is taking me to the shops in a Lamborghini. I am a waste of space, I do not deserve an ounce of enjoyment at all, I am nothing compared to Nick.