Chapter 10: Jealousy?

Isabella POV

"Come on a date with me."

Nikolas' voice demands softly, blanketed with delight. Did he just ask me out on a date? More like commanded, sweetie. Don't get too happy. A Greek God just 'commanded' me to go on a date with him. Yeah, that's overwhelming and exciting, don't get me wrong, but he's just another heart breaker.

The moment you look at him, you instantly know that he isn't serious with relationships. Plus, I have only been on one date, I don't have much experience.

Oh quit the jibber-jabber, Williamson. Excuses will not help in this scenario.

"W-what? A d-date?"

My voice lowers with pure shock and innocence.

Nikolas' eyes begin to brew a shade darker, like he is being affected by my reply.

"Isabella, you said anything, and so I command you to come on a date with me."

Nikolas' hands rest on the seat's arms, his fingers play with one another, almost like he's nervous. It's very cute to-- Isabella, control yourself, your innocence is gradually fading away because of him. Don't let him win.

How can I not let him win? When I have no power to stop my positive thoughts about him? None at all.

"Okay, but this is not serious, right? "

Nikolas smooths his shirt down, removing any creases in his crisp white shirt.

His lips curve into a devious smile, "We shall see about that, agápi."

Oh my, that Greek word slides off his tongue so delicately, he sounds so amazing talking in his own language. I never mind the fact that I don't know what the word means, I am still internally drooling the way he spoke that word.

Nikolas makes his way towards me, gracefully, every movement perfect. How did I not notice this before? Maybe because you were too busy avoiding him...? I wasn't avoiding him, it's just that I didn't want any rumours going around the offices, I didn't want gossip about me. There were obviously people chatting about you. I mean, he fired so many secretaries, but you haven't gone yet. My curiousity gets the better of me, and I end up asking him a question he doesn't like the answer of.

"Nikolas, where there any rumours going on about me back at the office?"

Nikolas jaw clenches fiercely, his eyes harden in anger and he growls between his clenched teeth.

"I don't want to talk about it, Isabella. It doesn't matter about what they say."

He's definitely not telling me at this rate. Nikolas Taptiklis always get his way, but not with me.

"It's my business, Nikolas, please tell me."

His eyes divert to the floor as he spits the words out like venom, "They called you a sl*t and that you used to earn your money as a prostitute. Happy?"

Nikolas uses his large hands to push himself up from the chair.

He speaks in a very low, but soft tone of voice, "Meet me in our office at 7:00, it's going to be a long night."

With that, Nikolas walks out the door, leaving me thoughtless and speechless. This isn't happening. A billionaire is not taking me out on a date, it is just a friendly dinner. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, darling. Oh shut it! Did you have to ruin every chance I get to calm myself down? Yes, because this is no situation for nerves. It's only a date. Yeah, with a sexy billionaire! D-did I just think that about my boss?