I nodded and gulped again, focusing on my still-blank canvas. Maybe if I didn't speak to him, he would quiet down himself.

"You know what? This position is a little bit uncomfortable," he said to the class. "Do you mind if I move?"

There was a chorus of approval from the females in the room and some grumbling from the males. Zeus scooted a little farther down, laid his head on his arm, and bent his upper leg, so his foot was now on the floor behind his other leg. The position opened up his private area, and I squirmed as I readjusted my painting so I wouldn't see it.

"We should go out tonight," he whispered to me again. "It'll be fun, I promise. We can talk about today's class"

I died a thousand deaths inside. The girl next to me was sending a murderous glare my way. This was not an experience I ever wanted to talk about. To anyone. Ever. I remained silent, trying to paint his head and shoulders. Maybe a bust would still get me a good grade.

"Is that a yes or no?" There was laughter in his eyes as he spoke, clearly aware of my discomfort.

"I'm sorry, this one isn't working either," he announced loudly and stood up.

I ducked my head down—my easel was too short to cover anything up. I could hear him chuckling.

"So date or no date?" he whispered again, in spite of my bowed head. "Wow, it must be hard to paint me without looking. Unless you've memorized my amazing good looks. Have you? That would be so flattering, as well as a good indicator you want to go out tonight."

I dropped my paintbrush and covered my face with my hands.

"Just stretching for a minute," he announced again. From the girls giggling around me I could guess he was pointing his hips in my direction.

I dropped my hands, without shifting my eyes, and sighed.

"If I say I'll go out with you tonight, will you stop trying to show me your crotch?" The whisper was soft and quick, but he heard it anyway.

"I don't know, are you saying you will?" I could hear the laughter in his whisper.

"Yes."

"Sorry, I'm not feeling comfortable; I think that's what it is. I'm going to cover my lower half up, if that's alright."

I heard quiet groans of protest, and when I looked up, he had wrapped a towel around his waist. He lay back down in his original position and winked at me again.

"Pick you up at eight then? And I can spend whatever amount of money I deem necessary?"

"Sure." I sighed in relief. And then I realized what I'd agreed to. Angry prickles bit at my insides. He'd somehow managed to get me after all.

I didn't know what Zeus had planned for our date, so I dressed up. I figured it was better to be overdressed than underdressed. I had a cute white dress I'd completely forgotten about in the excitement of buying a new one. It had a tank top bodice and came a little past my knees in a pencil-style skirt. It was formfitting, but not so tight that it left nothing to the imagination. I chose a pair of red heels and necklace to offset it. Once again, I wore my hair down and curly, the way I liked it when I went out.

At eight on the dot there was a knock at the door. Zeus stood on the other side, wearing a suit of impeccable taste. He'd also worn a red tie, which matched my shoes. He may have been driving me crazy lately, but I couldn't deny he was extremely attractive.

"Good evening." He smiled and held his arm out for me. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I took it and walked out to the car with him.

"Now, I was tempted to bring a limousine to pick you up, but I thought it might be frowned upon."