Chapter Seven

The next morning there were some flowers tucked under my windshield wiper with a note.

K-

Picked these from the patch in front of your car. I'll try to appreciate the things you like more; I enjoyed our time in the library. Have a nice day.

-Z

I looked in front of my car and, sure enough, there was a weed patch the flowers had been growing in. I wasn't happy he was still bothering me, but it was a step up from being showered with expensive items. I laughed as I realized how many girls would have loved to be showered with gifts. I guess I wasn't most girls.

I got in the car and headed to school, the weeds—flowers—in the backseat. I was a little curious over the comment about appreciating things I liked, but pushed it aside as I walked into art class.

"Class, today we have an amazing opportunity!" My teacher, a pretty, middle-aged woman, bounced on the balls of her feet as she clapped her hands. "We've had a model offer to pose for us today, so we'll be taking a break from our oil-based landscapes. Please be advised, our model will be disrobed."

I sighed and went to grab one of the school's easels and paint sets. I wasn't so concerned about the model being nude, I'd seen lots of nude paintings, but I was disappointed I didn't have my own materials to work with.

I picked a spot next to the platform set up in the middle of the room and started laying everything out. I liked to be in front, so I wasn't craning to see over anyone's head while I worked. I didn't look up when the teacher began to speak again.

"Class, this is our model for the day! And your name is . . . ?"

"Zeus."

My head snapped up so quickly I thought my neck might break.

He was wearing nothing but a white bathrobe and the cockiest grin I'd ever seen. My eyes must have been like orbs, I was so shocked. He gave me a quick wink, and my mouth popped open in disbelief.

"Well, Zeus, thank you so much for volunteering to do this for us," the teacher continued.

"It's no problem," he said. "I simply want to appreciate every art form out there. I thought if I was a part of the art, it would mean more to me."

"We're very happy you're here," the teacher said. Her eyes were glazing over as she stared at him, and I could almost see the fantasy she must have had playing in her head.

"Should I?" He pointed at the platform and moved to take his robe off.

"Oh, yes, please!" She grabbed an easel herself, never taking her eyes from him, and sat down.

I gasped as his robe came off, snapping my mouth shut and averting my eyes just in time. I could feel my cheeks blushing a million shades of red.

"This is officially my favorite class ever," the girl next to me said with a grin, her gaze devouring the man in front of her.

"Uh-huh," I agreed weakly. I glanced around the side of my canvas and saw Zeus, lying on his side with his legs stretched out straight, propped up on his elbow, facing me.

"Hey," he said, cocking an eyebrow and smiling devilishly.

I gulped, my eyes still wide, and made sure my easel was positioned so that there was no chance of me seeing his lower half. If the professor had wanted a full body portrait, then I was getting half off—I wasn't even going to look at that part of him.

I heard him laugh softly and peeked up again. He was still staring at me, a wide smile on his lips.

"Did you get my flowers?" he whispered.