Chapter 16

"You will still call me Rose Tyler?"

"Do you wish me to use a different name? I can call you Rose Lungbarrow, but that is not who you are and it is not who I am. I will simply call you Rose if you do not wish to be called Tyler any more."

"Oh no, that is quite al right. I was merely inquiring what you are to call me among friends, from- other places?"

He smiled and let go of her hands.

"I will call you Rose, for that is who you are: my Rose. Now, my dear Rose, if you would please wait here-"

"Are we to stay in here all night?" Rose exclaimed. Looking about the tiny space with the small bed which she would have overlooked, had there been anything else in the room.

"We can, if you please," the Doctor replied, all innocence. He then laughed at the look of shock Rose displayed. "But I would have suggested, had you let me finish-" He winked, "that I fetch our dearly beloved home."

"You will not-" Rose stepped forward and grabbed his hand again. "You will not miscalculate?"

With an endearing smile, the Doctor pulled her close and eased her mind by saying: "Travel just through space will not get me astray. Don't you worry, just stay at the side of the bed and do not be alarmed, she makes a bit of a noise when dematerialising."

Rose nodded and the Doctor left. She sat down on the bed, wondering how much time it would take for him to get to the TARDIS and fly her to the small inn. Making up her mind, she just set about removing her bonnet and mantle as a strange wind began to blow out of nowhere and a whooshing sound reached her ears.

Greatly alarmed, despite of the Doctor's warning, Rose hurled herself on the bed and moved frantically to the far side of it.

The outlines of the blue box became visible, the noise became stronger and within a few seconds there it was.

The door opened and Rose flew of the bed into the Doctor's arms.

"Whoa, there now, it's okay. Just me, nothing the matter."

Releasing her anxiety, Rose calmed down and bravely smiled up at him.

"I'm fine, it was just the shock. I had not expected you so quickly. You said you would not travel in time."

"I have not. Yesterday I brought her here. She was waiting in an old shed round the back. However I did not fancy carrying all those trunks down again and it would seem a bit strange if the boy had to bring them round back himself."

Rose grinned. "They will probably wonder how on Earth we were able to bring them down in the middle of the night without waking the house. Are we to leave at once?"

"Your wish is my command. We can stay and have dinner here, give some more credibility to our story."

"An early supper before retirement, yes, that would suit me very well."

"Then I will bring your belongings to our room while you can freshen up a bit."

Biting her lip, while over thinking his careless remark about the room that was to be theirs from now on, Rose absent-mindedly walked to the cabinet on which stood a washing bowl next to a clean cloth. Behind her the Doctor started loading the large trunks, all the while muttering and groaning about how a backpack would be much easier. Should she have heard him, Rose would have doubled over from laughing.

It did not take him long though, the inventory of the TARDIS providing him with means to move the heavy trunks with ease. Within half an hour they went in search of the dining room.