Loving the Guilty

I open the door and guess who it is...Jack Wilder. So, I give him a present...a hard forceful slap in the face. He whips around in shock then cautiously turn to face me. He touches his jaw and looks at me disappointed and a bit scared but I can't pity him, I'm furious.

Tears steam freely down my face as I try to hold myself together enough to give Jack a death glare. It doesn't work.

"Two whole months!" I yell inbetween sobs, "Do you know what it's like to not know whether you just left me or if you were dead for two and a half months!"

My body shakes violently and I can't control anything anymore. I need to get to the couch before I fall on my face in tears.

I sit down and Jack slowly approaches and sits beside me. I cry for a while filling the silence when suddenly, Jack's arm are circling me in the most sincere hug I've ever felt. I instantly let myself fall into him and my crying turns into silent tears of joy. I've never been so happy or so mad to have seen a person.

When I sit up and look at him, a few tears have spilled over his cheeks. I smile and wipe his eyes. He does the same to me and I lean into his hand and close my eyes.

"I almost forgot how beautiful you are," he brushes hair out of my face, "Let me look at you." He runs his hands through my hair.

"What did you do to your hair? You cut it?" He says examining my bob length haircut.

"Yeah, do you like it?" I ask still leaking tears.

"Yeah, a lot," he smile and pulls me close so that our foreheads rest on each others.

"I'm sorry I slapped you," I say then give him a quick kiss.

"It's okay. I deserved it," he says chuckling before kissing me back, this time we linger and I clench his shirt not wanting him to slip away as if this were all a silly daydream.

We break and I begin to kiss down his jaw line, then he say these words and I think I hear him wrong.

"Come again," I say and he chuckles that weird chuckle.

"I love you," he says and I'm taken aback . I always thought I would say it first.

"I love you, too," I tell him and his face lights up. Then, he begins to explain things. He tells me of the magic show, the four housemen, the eye, the money he could get, and going to Paris. When he brings up France, I frown.

"Why didn't you take me?!" I say with fake anger.

"I will when I get the money. It really is nice. It reminded me of you. The tiny Carmel colored cups of coffee reminded me of your hair, your eyes , your warm cheeks. The architecture reminded me of your elegance and your artsiness. Not to mention all those naked statues in that one place, those made me think about your-"

"Let me just stop you right there," I interrupt, knowing where this is going.

He laughs and fiddles with the draw string on his hoodie in a cutely nervous way. I lay on the couch and rest my head in his lap, looking up at him. He twiddles with my hair and lays back, seeming content. I close my eyes and the warmth of the whole scene seems to come into me,as I fall asleep happily.

.........................................................

Renée's head gets a little heavier and I realize she's fallen asleep. Her mouth hangs slightly ajar and her breathing is deep when I look upon her. Knowing that I may have been gone to long, I gently slide out from under her and pull a cover over her body. I kiss her lips lightly and stand to leave before thinking to leave her a note.

I'm sorry I had to leaves so soon. I'll come see you as soon as I can. I still can't text or call you cause Daniel checks everybody's phone to make sure we're not talking to anybody. I love you.

Jack

I place the note next to her on the coffee table, then slip out the door into the vibrant NY city.