Meet the Mugger

The look on his face is priceless as the door swings on its hinges and I step through the door. He quietly puts my thing back in my purse and hands it to me. I watch him, confused, but I still take the bag from him.

"Look... I'm sorry," he said rubbing the back of his neck and smiling at me cutely, "that was really immature and... I'm just...sorry."

"It's okay...I guess?" I say giving him a small smile and I bump into the door as I back up to leave.

"Oh," I say looking at the broken lock, "sorry about that."

"Its fine," he sighs, " you've got quite a kick I guess." He smirks at me and looks me over some more. I blush and turn my face away.

"I can pay to have it fixed," I gesture to the door and he just shakes his head.

"Nah, I'll just get the hotel owner. Tell him someone broke in," he says stepping closer to inspect the door.

"Okay," I reply and stand their awkwardly in silence for a while.

He's staring at me and I avoid his eyes as they search my face for who knows what. His sharp jaw juts out as he smile sweetly at my awkwardness.

"I like you," he said suddenly with a smirk on his face. I stare wide eyed and don't know whether to smile and flirt or just leave.

"Oh...," I say awkwardly, "thanks?" He chuckles with a face that makes we want to swoon and my heart beat starts to quicken. I back towards the open door though because, I mean, this guy stole from me who knows he may be rapist as well, but something tells me that's not the case.

"I only say that because I can tell that you like me," I give him an oh really look and he laughs, "it's obvious okay, and I only wanted to asure you that your not the only one." I blush as he steps bit closer.

" Look..." he smiles awkwardly and rub a the back of his neck like he knows he's about to do something stupid, "hey... um... can I have your number?"

I give him an are you serious look and open my mouth to speak but he cuts me off, "I know you think it's crazy for me to ask for a girl who I just stole from's number, but you're really pretty and well...I just thought what the hell, might as well ask." He says quickly while getting flustered.

I stare for a bit because I just don't know what to say. He's right of course and I know that, it's just that the feeling I have for him are irrational and stupid. Also we met like a second ago so, I don't really know him.

Yet, I reluctantly take out my phone, knowing he probably won't call anyways. He's out of my league...I think. He takes out his and we exchange phones.

Once I enter the number in and give his phone back, I start to back toward the door for the third time that night. "Bye," I wave awkwardly and start to close the broken door.

"Wait," he calls out, "I don't even know your name?...I'm Jack Wilder."

I smile back at him, "Renèe Williams."

Once I'm outside the door, I take a deep breathe, brush myself off, and begin the walk out of the cheap motel.

As I arrive back at my doorstep, I pick up my wedges that were waiting patiently for me. I unlock the door to my apartment and flop directly onto the couch. None of my furniture match, but being an artist I found a way to make it look spectacular.

The patterned couch comforts me as I start to recollect on what just happened. How could I have just given my number away to a total stranger. Well, he was a cute stranger, the little voice inside me says. I shake off the thought of him and slap my forehead in frustration.
No, I think, just no!

I will not let this Jack guy get into my head and mess with my feelings. I've never really had a positive experience with love. Every guy that I like never likes me back and I don't known if I'm ready to be in a realationship yet, let alone with guy like Jack.

It's getting late, so I close my eyes and before I realize it, I'm asleep on the couch.

Wilder MagicOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara