Falling for a Criminal

The story Jack tells me feels out of place. I truly miss judged him for a theif who committs petty crimes because he thinks it's "cool", when deep down he's a broken boy reaching for the stars, only to fall back to ashes.

I can see regret on his face once he's finished and realizes I'm on the edge of tears.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry Jack." My words fall into silence and after a few long seconds, Jack picks up his coat and stands up.

"I should leave," he says turning to the door.

"No!" I grab his wrist. "We shouldn't let our night end like this. We were having such a good time before...before..."

"Before I went and rained on your parade."

I look up at him shocked and stand with a jolt. "Jack, that's not what I meant at all. I just..."

"You just what? Huh? You just thought you could make it all better with a little pixie dust and a sweet smile. Well I'm sorry to break it to you but you can't," he snaps.

I want to comfort him but I can't. I know I can't understand how he feels, I've never gone through any of what he has.

He walks to the door and opens it.

"Jack stop!" I raise my voice but don't yell and he freezes at the open doorway.

"What?" he asks, annoyed.

I stand in silence as he waits for an answer.

"That's what I thought," he turns and marches down two steps before I stupidly tell him to stop for the third time.

I'm surprised that he haults yet again and I exit the house to stand a step above him, as he waits for me to say something, back facing me.

"What?!" he yells as he spins around.

But before I realize it, I'm pressing my lips against his, clutching his jacket to bring him closer. He doesn't kiss me back, only stands their stiff. I linger for a while but finally pull away and stare into a pair of shocked brown eyes.

............................

The sudden touch of her lips to mine catches me off guard and I freeze up, not knowing how to respond.

She releases me but still holds me close by my jacket.

She looks shocked as well, but also disappointed and that stings a bit.

Neither of us know what to say or do so I decide to just redo it "the right way".

She starts a word but it's too late. I pull her close and kiss her softly over and over again. My hand snakes up her waste and presses against her neck, deepening the kiss. Her hands run up and down from my shoulder to my chest repeatedly and it leaves the area tingling. A few people pass by going who knows where, but I barely notice and don't give a crap wether they notice us either. They seem to disappear, becoming background noise.

I timidly bite her lower lip, asking for entrance, but instead she pulls away and my heart sinks. She rests her head on my chest and stares at the ground before wrapping her arm around me underneath my leather jacket. I hold her close and press my face to her head, taking in her scent: lotion, coconuts, and sugar. How heavenly, I smile.

"Come back, okay?" she requests.

I've completey forgotten about whatever I was so ticked off about before and I honestly do want to see her again so I whisper, "Of course."

I kiss her on the top of the head and she smiles against my chest.

"Bye," I release her and walk down the steps.

"Bye," she echoes.