Chapter 7 : Sleepy-Sleeps

*Michael's POV*

Calum pulled up in front of my house before I hopped out. "Thanks, bro. I'll see you later." 

"Okay, mate." He pulls away before I walk into the house, the house quiet except for the sound of the TV playing. It was a daytime talk show, and one I recognized immediately. It was Ellen, my mom's favorite one to watch. I always wondered why it was her favorite. But hell, something about her made my mom go insane. 

I walk into the living room,seeing her laying on the couch, passed out. She must be tired. She didn't come home last night.

My mom works as a nurse during the evenings. But last night, the hospital had too many patients and she had to stay on overtime. I had stayed up for her - til 1 - but she never came home.

I smile at her sleeping body before turning around and taking an apple off the counter. I preferred pears, but apples did the trick. Imma need my energy for tonight. I started to walk up the stairs, taking small and slow steps before hearing the stairs creak under my weight. Shit.

"Mikey?" I hear my mom say, in a sleepy tone. She's only half-asleep. 

"It's me, mom." 

"There's food in the fridge, honey..." She drags on, before adding, "Any plans for tonight, Mikey?"

"There's a party I'm going to, mom." 

"A girl?" She says. Shit. she's always been interested in me finding a girlfriend. I've never really found anyone I've been interested in though.

"Yes, mother." 

"Come here, mikey." She says as I walk into the living room. "Sit." I sit next to her before she smiles at me. "Tell me about her." 

"Her name is Amelie. She's gorgeous. She listens to the same music I do, doesn't deal with Calum or my shit. She's perfect, mom." 

"I won't tell you anything about doing anything, but I will tell you one thing." I look at her expectantly before she says, "If you think she's the one, go for it." 

"Thanks mom." I kiss her cheek before walking up to my room and putting my bag down. I finish reading the section of Catcher In The Rye that was assigned before getting stuck. Is this kid dead or not? I slip off my blazer before a piece of paper slips out. I open it up, noticing a phone number and the word Amelie written on it. Amelie's number. 

Amelie's Number. 

How did I get this? 

I think back, remembering the conversation between Luke and me. 

"Here." Luke nudges me when the teacher turns around.

"What is it?" I murmur before looking at him.

"Something you want, trust me, I know."  Luke murmured before I slipped the paper in my jacket. 

This is like a drug deal. 

I hope it isn't a drug deal.

"Thanks I guess." 

Thank you, indeed. Well, she can help me with this question. 

Me >> Amelie :3: Hey c:

Amelie :3 >> Me: Who is this?

Me >> Amelie :3 : Mikey

Amelie :3 >> Me : How did you get my number?

Me >> Amelie :3: Luke gave it to me