Chapter 3: Decisions, Decisions

*Amelie's POV*

Later that day, I met up with Kort and Luke. It was after I finished in my History class. Some kid called me moron in class, all I did was reply with 'It's Maron, not moron.' They laughed when I told them the story. We were sitting on some kind of bench before Luke looked up from his phone. "There's a party tonight." Oh yeah. I hoped they wouldn't hear about it. 

"I heard about it."

"Who told you?"

"Calum and Michael kind of invited me." 

"Do you want to go?" Luke says, grabbing my hand. "I want you to go!" 

"Luke I'm not so-" Kort goes to say before I say "Sure." 

"Yes! It starts at 9." 9? IN THE AFTERNOON? I have school in the fucking morning! 

"That's going to be so late on a school night."  

"But you need to come, Amelie! It's going to be so fun! We're going to get wasted!" 

"Luke..."

"Come one pleaseeeeee!"

"Fine." I say before sighing. 

I shouldn't say yes. I'm going to be regretting it in the morning. Especially when I have a hangover and I'm trying to do my work. None of the less trying to explain that Holden's brother isn't actually a fucking prostitute. 

I shouldn't say no, either. If I don't go, I won't be able to meet more people and possibly have the time of my life. I could literally have the time of my life at this party, and I wouldn't even know. Beyonce could come to the party...Alex Gaskarth could come to the party...Gerard Way could come to the party...it's a long shot, but hell, it could happen. 

That's it. 

I'm going.

And I'm going to regret it. 

"Alright guys, I have to head home now. I need to work on work before I head out tonight." I stand up off the bench before wrapping my bag around my body. It wasn't very heavy, only holding some folders with papers in it and an book for writing down assignments. It was handy, especially when teachers give you multiple things to keep an watch for in the future. 

"Alright! I'll text you the address a little later." Luke says, smiling and waving. "I'll see you then." 

"I'll be there too, I guess. Bye, Ame." Kort says before I start walking down the street. I live only a few blocks from the school. It isn't a long walk, especially when you have music to keep you entertained. 

I pop in my headphones, continuing the last song I played, which was Kids In The Dark by All Time Low. 

"We come together,

State of the art,

We'll never surrender,

The kids in the dark..." 

I know Alex, I know. If we come together, I'll be amazing. But you've gone and gotten yourself engaged and I'm here in Australia. Not including the age gap. You'll never notice a college girl in Australia. I frown before continuing walking, spotting a car that I had taken a diss on earlier. A yellow hummer. I don't stop walking before the hummer slows beside me and the window rolls down, Michael leaning out of the window and smiling at me.

"Hey." 

"Hi again." 

"Want a ride?" 

"Nah, I'm good. I'm not that far from my house."