Chapter 11: Quality Time

I woke the next day surrounded by warmth. I snuggled up to it and smiled. Bonnie was still holding me. I guess we both fell asleep like this. I hope Mara isn't upset about it. But, at this moment, I don't care. I looked up at my purple haired boyfriend. He was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful and innocent. I leaned up and gently kissed him on the lips. He smiled a bit and slowly opened his eyes.

"Hi there," he said.

"Hi. How was your sleep?" I asked.

"Great, knowing I was with you."

I snuggled into him more and we stayed like that for a little while. We didn't say anything to each other. We just embraced the moment of peace we had before we needed to get up and complete our mission. Maybe when all of this drama is over, Bonnie and I can finally have peace, just like this, only it'll last longer. 

"We're almost done with our mission," he said, as if reading my mind. "Then, maybe we can hang out, just the two of us."

"Yeah. Where would we go?" I asked.

"Anywhere you want."

"Let's go to the park and have a picnic."

"Sounds like a plan."

I got up and looked out the window. The sun was just shining through and it warmed up my room a little. I looked over at Bonnie who was still sitting on my bed.

"Someone likes my bed," I said. He made a derpy face and snuggled with one of my pillows. I laughed. Bonnie smiled at me and reached towards me.

"Come here," he said. I walked over to the edge of the bed and he pulled me onto his lap. I squeaked as he hugged me tightly. "I just wanna be alone with you today."

"I know, Bonnie, but we have to continue our mission," I said.

"We can at least stay here for a little while. We can continue the mission later."

I looked up at Bonnie and he gave me a an adorable puppy face. I sighed and snuggled in his arms. 

"I guess we could stay for a little while," I said.

"Yay!" Bonnie exclaimed. I smiled and looked up at him to see him smiling like a dork.

"What's with the smile?"

"I'm just thinking about how lucky I am to have such great friends and such a beautiful girlfriend."

"That's sweet." I kissed him lightly. I got up but Bonnie pulled me back down. Before I knew what happened, I was lying down on my bed, Bonnie hovering over me.

"Don't leave me just yet." Bonnie smiled down at me.

"Bonnie, we have to get going and Mara will kill us if we do anything like that."

"I wasn't thinking anything like that. I just wanted you to stay."

I gave him a 'Really?' look and he smiled more. He leaned down and kissed me gently. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer. He broke away and just stared at me. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Do we really have to go today?" he asked.

"Yes." Bonnie gave me the most depressed face he could muster. I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled. "Listen, we're almost done. We just need to get two more gifts and then we are done with this whole mission thing. Once that's done, we get to be together and be a somewhat normal couple."

"Right... Then let's go." Bonnie got up, picking me up in the process and spinning me around. He set me on the floor and kissed my forehead. "So we need to get Foxy right?"

"Yeah. Let's call Chica and tell her what's up and then we can get Foxy."

-=~=-

After Mara and I found some clothes for Bonnie to change into and I got ready as well, Bonnie and I left. We called Chica and Foxy and told them to meet us in the park. Bonnie and I walked there, holding hands the whole way. We passed some of my neighbors and they smiled, giving me a thumbs up. Mostly everyone in town knew about me and how screwed up my life has been so far so they feel bad if they are older than 20. I guess seeing me with someone makes them feel proud. 

We got to the park before Chica and Foxy so we just sat under a tree, waiting for them. I watched the clouds pass by.

"You're so quiet right now, (Y/N)," Bonnie said.

"I guess I'm just thinking about our mission," I said. Bonnie put an arm around me and I leaned my head against him.

"Are you nervous?"

"A little. But I know we'll be able to do this easily, right?"

"Hopefully."

Finally, Chica and Foxy arrived at the park. No more quality time with Bonnie. I stayed calm and collected on the outside, but I was feeling very nervous and scared. Who knows how easy it'll be to get the last two gifts? I had a feeling that even though we have enough time and it should be easy, something's going to happen. I didn't want to worry anyone so I kept quiet. 

We began walking to the next house... Something felt off...