Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Marshmallow cloud!

At the sound of his voice, Désirée took her hands away from her face and got up from her seat. Holding her ridicules dress grown tightly in her hand, she ran straight towards Alceaus and jumped into his arms.

She gasped as electric shock travelled through her body, giving her a foreign sense of serene warmth deep within her heart.

Désirée looked up and huffed when she saw Alcaeus's smug face. She pushed at his chest to get him away from her, but he held her wrist firm, pulling her back into him. He loosen his grip at her and shifted his hands towards her waist, pulling her back to inspect her body.

Without thinking twice, she swung her hand across his face, and jumped back a little when Alcaeus loosen his hold on her waist.

He growled loudly at her making her eyes cast downwards at the floor. He put a hand under her chin, forcing her to look up at his menacing red eyes. His grave expression made her body shudder in distress.

This is not good! Think Désirée! What do I do now?

"I was so worried! How could you left me like that?" the words left her lips before she could stop them.

"Left you? I saved you, you ungrateful little wi-"

"I was almost the Giant's dinner!"

"Yet here you are."

Alcaeus aggressively ran one hand through his hair, before snaking his arm back at her waist, pulling her close to him once again. Tight lipped, He looked up at Draco and nodded, irritated at the Prince's silent laughter.

Désirée gasped as she looked around and realized that they weren't alone. She felt the familiar warmth adorning her pale cheeks. Gulping, she pulled at Alcaeus's sleeve.

"What?" he snapped.

His heart heavy with guilt as he looked at the fearfulness in her eyes. He pushed his head down to the crook of her neck, giving it a single butterfly kiss. With closed eyes,he held his forehead against hers.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?" Désirée blinked her eyes.

"Désirée, is something wrong?"

"What? No, not at all."

Alcaeus let out a deep breath and pointed at the maiden before them, signaling for Désirée to to follow her.

"Aren't you coming?"

"I have to attend some business, but I'll be there soon."

Désirée bit her lips, nodded and followed the maiden to the guest chamber.

"Why is she acting so... different?" Alcaeus asked, not taking his eyes away from the female who was walking away.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked.

"She used to be so much more... hostile."

Draco let out a hysterical laughter making Alcaeus look his way.

"Do you mean to tell me that that slap wasn't hostile enough?"

Alcaeus groaned. "I meant she acted... I really don't know what that was."

"Well, do you like it?"

"Did you give her a special food, inject her with something maybe?"

Draco's eyes widen. "Wha- are you insane? Are you suggesting that you would have-" he stopped mid sentence, shaking his head.