"Um, are you sure you're at the right house?" I say wearily. "No one's owned the house next to us for two years now."

  The cheery smile on her face drops slowly. She seemed about my age, maybe a little younger. 

"Well now someone does."

"O-oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" 

"It's fine. My parents bought it a little while ago after my brother completely 'accidentally' destroyed our last one. We finally moved in this morning."  She held up quotations around accidentally while making a sour face. "My mom requested that I come over here to introduce myself. See if I could make a friend you know?"

"W-wait. Destroyed?"

"I know right. He threw some party while my parents were in Michigan visiting my grandparents and I was at my friends house.  Long story short some kid set the kitchen on fire."

  I raise my eyebrows as she starts rambling. She makes a lot of hand movements before looking up and noticing my confused face. 

"Oh! Im sorry. My name's Alyssa. You can call me Aly though. Mostly everyone calls me that." 

  A small smile crosses my face, amused at her. 

"My name's Grace."

  I slightly push my head out the door to see the large moving truck in front of it. How did I not hear it at all? On the lawn theres a small brunette lady directing the men carrying the furniture into the newly owned house. 

  As I turn my attention back to Alyssa she's beaming at me. It's a weird thing since Im not used to such treatment.  She's being so nice. 

"So, how old are you?" She questions.

"I'm seventeen. But, my birthday is in January." 

"No way! Me too! Mine is the fifteenth!" Her face lights up even more if its even possible. "Do you go to Oakland High School? I don't think Ive seen you before."

"No, sadly." I sigh glancing at the floor for a second. It would've been nice to actually have a friend at school. "I go to Monroe Trent."

"Hey! My brother goes there. His name is-"

"Aly!" A voice roars from across the front porch. "Mom is looking for you!" 

  A boy with raven black hair comes storming up to the porch grabbing Alyssa. 

"Hey chill! She told me to greet our neighbors! This is Grace." She says snatching away her arms and motioning towards me. 

  He turns his face to look at me and I suddenly wish she hadn't mentioned me. His familiar hazel eyes pierce through me but before he can open his mouth Alyssa butts in.

"This, Grace, Is my brother Finn. The dumb idiot who had wild teenagers burn down the area where we prepare edibles." She smiles smugly at him.

"Stop telling people that." He fumed at her.

"Anyways," She mutters while rolling her eyes, "You and Grace go to the same high school. Know her?" 

  He takes another look at me, his eyes raking over me before his lips curling up into a smirk.

"Yeah, not personally. But whenever Ethan mentions you, he talks like you're his bitch or something." He directs his answer towards Alyssa but his eyes stayed glued to me.

"Finn!" Alyssa shouts pushing him.

  The small smile that had appeared was immediately wiped off my face and I suddenly felt sick. 

"What?" He responds. 

  My gaze was brought back down to the door. 

"Grace," Alyssa's peppy voice sliced through the silence like a knife "He didn't mean it like that." She says slapping the back of his head. 

"It," I sigh, "It's fine."

  I glance between the two of them quickly.

"Um, Well.. It w-was nice m-meeting you." My voice cracks.

  I then  fully step back under the threshold and shut the door. I turn around and walk into the kitchen, the sound of Alyssa's rapid knocks sounding through the halls. 

  Alyssa's distant shouts at Finn sound through the house.

"What the hell is your problem? Did you have to say something like that?" She screeches.

"What do you mean? I didn't even say anything bad! Not my problem all you like to have as friends are sluts or weirdos!" He shouts back.

  I sinked into one of the chairs and rested my head on the kitchen table. My heart felt heavy and sickness pooled into my stomach just at the mention of Ethan's name. 

  Of course Ethan's friend had to be my neighbor. Of course he had to be a complete asshole. Of course, of course, of course! I lift my head and bang it on the table in frustration sending bolts of pain through my already pounding head. 

  Before I know it my arms are crossed around my head, my face resting on the table as tears fall down my cheeks. 

Click on 'external link' down below if you would like to see what Finn looks like.

Vote+Comment! :)