- chapter 12 -

{the picture is Dylan Sprayberry.. Who plays Cody}

A little while later we arrived at Cody's house. His house was quite small, but perfect for him. I noticed all the paint supplies strewn about in his living room. Cody didn't seem much of a artist to me I guess.

"So make your self at home." He mumbled closing the front door. We walked up stairs to his room. "Hmm you can take the bed I'll be on the couch." He added looking at me.

"No, it's your house. You take the bed. Anyways I'll probably have to leave early tomorrow." I mumbled the last part. Cody pushed me to the bed.

"Stay. And. Sleep..." He forced. "Please." He walked to his dresser and pulled out a shirt and shorts. After that he threw them to me and told me to change in the bathroom across the hall.

When I got back he was on the couch playing a game on his Xbox with no shirt. He smiled at me once he noticed I was in the room. I maneuvered my way threw the dirty clothes on the floor and made it to the couch sitting next to Cody.

"You look cute in that shirt." He mumbled, his eyes still focused on the tv. I blushed and leaned against him, my head on his shoulder. I don't know why I did it but he made me feel safe. He tensed up a little bit when I touched him but then he relaxed.

"What are you playing?" I asked through a yawn. He chuckled.

"COD." He answered. "Why don't you go to sleep. Your tired, I can tell." Cody paused the game and looked me in eyes forcing me to not lean on him anymore.

"I-I'm not good with sleeping at new p-places." I stuttered under his gaze. I saw the sparkle in his purple eyes when he thought of a good idea.

"How about I lay with you?" He proposed. I smiled, and yawned again.

"Are you sure?" I questioned. He nodded and took my hand pulling me up off the couch with him. As we made our way to the bed neither of us talked.

After we laid down I cuddled up next to him with my arm over his bare chest and his arm wrapped around my waist. We talked for a while until I fell asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Waking up the smell of pancakes always made me happy. But the fact that I had forgotten where I was changed that, until all the memories of last night flooded my brain. Jesse, Noah, Luke, Cody, Sara. All of a sudden the dams in my eyes broke and silent tears spilled. I never usually cry about anything, but this was different... I lost everything I had left of home.

A soft knock comes from the door before it opens. Cody walks in with pancakes on a plate and sets them next to the bed.

"Mornin sleepy head. I made pancakes since you had a rough night last night." He smiled at me. I sat up smiling back.

"Thank you, what time is it? I have school." I mentioned taking a bite of pancake. He nodded in response.

"Hm well actually the storm last night was so bad the school lost power so no school." Cody stood up and walked to his couch in his room.

"Oh. Well thanks for everything." I sighed at the fact that I did not have school. The thought of school brought up Jesse, and with Jesse brought tears. I can't cry in front of Cody, and I won't. So I tried holding back my tears. And when that failed I was happy he was busy playing Call Of Duty.

"Hey, hey, shh it's okay. Your okay." Cody said pulling me in to his arms and kissed my head. I tried to stop crying but I couldn't. Everything I held in from my family dying to Jesse to Sara to stupid Prom, all the emotions came out like a waterfall.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After catching my breath and my stomach relaxing from the pain caused from laughing to hard, I smiled while looking at Cody who just tripped and spilled the two incredibly hot coffee's from Biggby all over himself.

"Y-you have s-somet-thing on yo-your f-face!" I laughed. I could practically see the smoke coming from Cody's head. He took a deep breath and clenched and un-clenched his fists.

"There is a caution sign, right there. Be careful." Cody said in a steady voice. "Oh, and the coffee is really really hot." He added. I laughed even more.

After that incident we went back to his house and watched a movie. At the moment we are at a cute diner.

"So, what happens now?" Cody wondered once we told the waiter what we wanted to drink. I shrugged. 

"Well, to be incredibly honest with you I have no clue. I'm not going to prom now. I think I made Noah pissed. I haven't talked to Luke since yesterday and I don't usually talk to him that much." I explained looking at the menu.

"Ah. Well wanna call Luke or Noah just in case?" He offered. I thought about it and decided I probably should call one of them since school was canceled.

Cody let me use his phone to call Noah.

"Hello?" Noah answered.

"Hey.." I sighed when he answered.

"Natalie! Oh my god. Where are you? I've been calling you." He questioned.

"I'm at a diner with someone I met last night. " I truthfully told him.

"Okay, where is that? Luke and I are going to get you." He said rather fast.

When I told Noah the stuff he needed to know how to get here we said bye and hung up.

{sorry this was soooo late. And this chapter isn't even that good it's kind of boring, unless you like Cody. But anyways thanks for reading and hope you have a great day.}