- chapter 11 -

My phone is dead. I barely ate anything at the restaurant. I'm in a bad/sad mood. The weather is cold and sprinkling with rain. I'm wearing a t-shirt and white skinny jeans. WHITE! Jesse left, probably to find Sara. Noah and Luke went a different direction from the restaurant then Jesse did.

I am officially going to die. Okay maybe not die. Cars zoomed by. They obviously saw me, but did nothing about it. It reminds me of school. Being alone in the hallways when my friend (ex friend soon) Sara was gone, before Jesse came. Since I don't have a lot of friends no one payed that much of attention to me, not that I wanted any.

I decided that my walking was to much and I needed to sit, so therefore I sat- on the curb where no puddles were. I checked my phone out of habit, forgetting that it's dead. Sighing I laid back resting my head on the grass and gazing at the stars. "Why does life have to get bad now?" I asked to no one in particular.

"I feel ya. But sometimes you have to go with the flow." Man, I must be tired because I swear a star just talked to me.

"Easier said than done." I mumbled.

"You may be right, but it will get better and easier. I know people say it a lot. But those who show it, mean it." The star talked again, wow what a crazy day.

"Is it weird that I'm pretty sure I'm talking to a star?" I asked folding my hands across my stomach.

The star chuckled. "Hun I'm not a star, my name is Cody."

"Wow I'm so stupid." I groaned.

"No, no, you are in a bad state of mind. It's okay. How about we go to a 24 hour McDonald's and talk?" Cody asked sitting next to me.

"Aw what the heck. Let's go." I sat up looking into the most beautiful set of purple eyes. I thought it was a myth, purple eyes. I guess not.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Okay, so how old are you?" I asked biting a French fri.

"I am 18. You?" Cody responded.

"17." I answered. He nodded.

"Okay this is going to sound like a pick up line but I actually mean it. Are you new here cuz I have seen you here before." Cody mentioned.

I laughed. "Actually I moved away about almost a month ago. But I came back for a week." I explained.

"Ah now if you don't mind me asking but why did you move away?" He ate a bite of his hamburger.

"Uh have you heard on the news 'The Wright Family Dies' or something like that?" I asked.

"Yeah. Oh, my, god, you're Natalie Wright! I'm so sorry. I should have known." Cody said frantically. I laughed.

"No no it's quite alright." I held back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Well why are you back then?" He asked.

"Uh cause my probably soon to be ex boyfriend asked me to prom. But I don't think that's going to happen." I sigh.

"Oh okay. You go to Jefferson?"

"Yeah."

"Me too. Maybe I'll see you?" I nodded.

"So why were you on the road?" He asked. He asks a lot of questions.

"You ask a lot of questions. But uh my boyfriend, Jesse, and I had a fight and uh he made me get out of the car." I laughed at how pathetic it sounded.

"Wow he's a dick." He laughed. I nodded and laughed along.

"True." I said.

"But hey he left you and that's his loss. Cuz you are amazing." Cody smiled. I blushed.

"Aw thanks. Your pretty cool too." I stated smiling.

"Well I should probably go home.... Wait... you don't have a ride. Do you want one?" He asked standing up.

"Uh well since I don't live here, and I had a boyfriend I was living with him. But I guess now I don't have a place to go. Hey my friends are here I can call them." I suddenly thought of Noah and Luke.

"Are you sure? You can stay with me." Cody asked his face turning slightly pink.

"Yeah I'm sure. But uh can I use your phone?" I asked standing next to him.

"Mhm. Here." He unlocked his phone and gave it to me.

I typed in Noah's phone number, because yes I remembered it. After three rings Noah finally answered. "Hello?" He asked, his voice foggy with sleep.

"Hi it's Natalie. Listen, me and Jesse had a argument and he left me at a restaurant, there's a really nice guy here who is letting me use his phone." I rambled.

I heard a yawn. "Okay. What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Can you..." I looked at Cody his face asking me to go with him. Looking into those beautiful purple eyes I said "Uh pick me up.. tomorrow after school?"

"Uh that's really all you wanted to say? You woke me up!" Noah sounded mad. He then sighed. "Ya know what? Fine. Just call me when schools out." He hung up.

"Okay that was weird. He's never mad, well at least at me." I thought to myself.

"Well, since your coming with me, let's go!" Cody said excitedly.