1. When Your Gone

(Disclaimer: I do NOT own any characters from The Devil Is a Part Timer nor the Media Video!)

"So... you're an angel like me?" You asked the boy next to you. You both stood in a field outside of the castles. You were only a young kid and so was he. You examined him. He had short purple hair, purple eyes, and was a little taller than you.

"Yup." He said bluntly.

"Do you think we'll win this battle? I really hope the demons don't take over like last time." You said sitting next to him on the grass.

"Who knows. I really don't care." He said, still bluntly.

You just kinda awkwardly sat next to him, wanting to lighten his mood a bit. "I'm Y/n. What's your name?" You asked.

"I'm Lucifer." He looked up to you, with his eyes gazing into yours.

You blushed and looked away. "I guess we're friends now then, right? I mean, if you wanna be." You looked back at him with hope.

He thought for a bit, but then shrugged. "Why not?" He reached out his hand to yours, which you gladly shook.

"Oh and Y/n, can I tell you something?" He asked.

You blushed again but looked at him. "Y-yea, what is it?" You asked. 'What's he gonna ask me?' You thought. 'Does he like me already? Geez, what is it! I'm gonna lose my mind if he says that!'

He then looked down to your feet.

"You're shoes untied." He said bluntly.

You followed his gaze down to your shoe and blushed again.

"Oh, um..." You looked away, not knowing what to do.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked back up to you. "Aren't you gonna tie it?" He asked.

"I, uh..." You closed your eyes, waiting for him to leave at your stupidity. How could he even be friends with a girl like me? I'm a disgrace.

You gasped as you felt two hands at your feet. You opened your eyes and looked down to see Lucifer tying your shoe laces.

"If you didn't know how to tie your shoes, you could have just said so." Once he was done, he stood back up and held a hand out to you.

"Wanna head back to the castle."

You smiled and nodded, glad you had made a new friend.

Years Later

You were both now in your early teens, still in training. You ran across the track together, training for if your wings got damaged and you needed to run. You were both to become warrior angels when you grew up.

"I bet I can run faster than you." Lucifer said.

"Oh really? Wanna bet?" You said.

"Sure." You both ran even faster, but you were still ahead.

"I'm totally gonna-" You face planted to the ground. Lucifer immediately stopped and ran over to you, chuckling a bit. He reached a hand out to you, which you accepted.

He then looked down to your feet. "When are you gonna learn to tie your shoes?" He laughed and kneeled down, tying your laces.

You pouted. "As long as your around, who needs lessons? I'm terrible at knots anyway."

He chuckled again and got up once he was done. "Rematch?" He asked.

You smirked. "Rematch."