Double Trouble

The second Edendir woke up he was surrounded by people. Dylan and Boyd visited in the morning before being shunted off to school by Aunt Katy, people in suits came by to see Dodger and spoke briefly to the elf, nurses and doctors kept coming over and Nathan was a constant presence by Edendir's side. When he was finally discharged Edendir couldn't wait to get outside but found himself blocked by more people.

With paparazzi crowding around him and his every move detailed Edendir slipped out of the hospital, discharged almost as soon as he woke up. His blood levels were checked but all the necessary tests had been done whilst he was unconscious. 

"It's beginning to get annoying," Dodger said, whizzing along beside the elf in a wheelchair. "People following me everywhere. But for once they're interested in you, as well. Your audition went down a storm. Twitter is in turmoil."

"Is that a good thing?" Edendir asked, uncomfortably aware that the slight breeze was blowing back his hair.

"Yes! If you're trending on Twitter that's good. All you need now is to reach Facebook status and then people all over Tumblr will be making gifs out of you."

"Is that a good thing?" Edendir repeated, more confused than before.

"Yes. Yes it is," Dodger said firmly. "And slow down a little, will you?"

"I don't want people to catch up with me," Edendir said in a low voice. "They're frightening me."

"Nathan is frightening me," Dodger muttered, glancing up at the thing nervously. Nathan waved one fingerless hand and smiled widely. 

"Can I push Dodger?" it asked. 

"Push him where?" Edendir said, frowning.

"Push his chair," Nathan said, mildly irritated. "He's obviously tired."

"Nathan's going to push you," Edendir informed the presenter. Dodger gladly stopped wheeling himself along but kept his hands by the wheels so that if anyone looked closely he could resume his duty. Nathan drifted along behind the wheelchair and it moved all by itself. 

"Yep, you're weird," Edendir decided. 

"This is going to get really awkward," Dodger said suddenly. 

"How come?" 

"You're talking to Nathan but I can't and nobody else can see him. You're going to have to be careful when talking to the creepy thing." Dodger nodded his head backwards. "Are you going to tell the others about it?"

"No," Edendir said. "They'd all freak out."

"I'm freaking out," Dodger admitted. "By the way, what gender is dragon-warrior-Slenderman-thing?"

"I am an it," Nathan announced. "My name is really Midnight Predator but it's easier to say Nathaniel."

"An it," Edendir told Dodger. "Because its name is really Midnight Predator but it's easier to say Nathan."

"It really is," Dodger agreed. "Um... where are we going?"

Edendir stopped walking and Nathan pulled back Dodger's chair with a limb similar to a tentacle. "I don't know," he said. "I've missed school for today so I don't know what to do."

"You're in school on a Sunday?" Dodger said in surprise.

"Apparently, yes. It's rehearsals for the end of year thing..." Edendir sighed and raked a hand through his hair, brushing it back so that the ends touched his collar. "I need a haircut beforehand, anyway."

"Your school is stupid," Dodger stated. 

"It really is," Nathan agreed. 

"I never chose to go there," Edendir said, shrugging. "If I win Amaze Us then I won't really need to go back to school anyway."