n i n e t e e n

"Let's go Dodgers! Let's go!" Aubrey cheered in her stadium seat as she sat in between Danny and Jason. It was the day of the baseball game and everyone who intended was very excited; Especially Aubrey and Jason. Aubrey was excited because she loved baseball. Growing up, that was the sport her brothers played and she grew to love the game from playing and watching them. She was a bit of a tomboy when it came to baseball. Jason was excited because -- well -- his elbow was currently touching Aubrey's arm.

"Are baseball games always this loud?" Carla mumbled in annoyance while she sunk in her seat. The only one that wasn't excited for the game was Carla, the girlie girl out of everyone. She couldn't play sports, let alone enjoy watching them. But she did love the players; To see the baseball players butts was basically the only reason she came today.

Alfredo laughed out loud and rubbed her shoulder as his arm was around her, "Yes babe."

"Stop being such a girlie girl, Carla. You're ruining the game." Carter spoke with his mouth full of his Dodger dog. Carla turned around and smacked him on his shoulder. "Ow!" he yelled out in pain before turning to the couple. "Both you guys are so fucking violent it's scary."

"Look Carter, Carla is the one who bought us these tickets so why don't you stop messing around with her and just leave her alone as a gesture of saying thank you." Alfredo spoke calmly.

"Yeah! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here right now." Carla smirked at Carter before Carter mimicked her and the two friends began arguing again.

"Yeah, speaking of that -- Carla, how did you get these tickets? These are pretty good seats." Aubrey commented looking around the area they were sitting in, which was on the third level right behind the plate. You could see everything from this view.

"My paycheck paid for them." Carla shrugged her shoulders.

"And that deserves a toast." Alfredo said before lifting his beer in the air. "To the best girlfriend and friend ever, Carla, who we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her." Everyone brought in their drinks before saying, "Cheers!"

Carla blushed brightly with a large smile on her face. Once Alfredo sat back down again, she turned to him and kissed him on the cheek. Aubrey smiled at this; She loved seeing her best friend happy with Alfredo. They made a good couple. Aubrey then watched as Alfredo placed his arm around Carla and she laid her head on his shoulder. Aubrey's smile dropped and she frowned, suddenly missing Nolan.

Nolan couldn't make it to the game because of his intern job at his fathers company, which always seems to make him busy. Even though Aubrey hated that he was always working, she liked seeing him one step closer to the dream his always wanted, even if he's always busy and never had time for her. If Aubrey was dating any other boy then she wouldn't accept them always working instead of spending time with her, but it's Nolan, a guy she really, really, really liked. Her feelings for him were the only reason she went along with it instead of fighting against it.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Aubrey snapped out of her trance and turned to Jason, who was staring at her in curiosity. A small smile grew on her face and she answered, "Just missing my boyfriend."

Jason's heart broke a little.

Jason quickly wiped away his hurt expression and furrowed his eyebrows. "Boyfriend? I never knew there was one of those in your life." Jason played dumb, causing Alfredo and Alex, who were listening to the conversation, to roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Aubrey chuckled and nodded her head, "Yeah, his name is Nolan. He was going to come today, but he has to work today." Aubrey put her head down at that and began to fumble with her fingers. "Like he always does." Aubrey mumbled to herself, but Jason still heard.