f o u r t e e n

[ J A S O N ]

"You're just adorable aren't you? You are just the cutest thing on earth." I said in a baby voice as I tickled Caleb on top of my bed. Caleb let out a small giggled and continued sucking on his finger while his chubby cheeks lifted up his eyes and a bright smile came on his face.

I smiled and lifted Caleb up carefully. I cradled him in my chest and stood up from the bed, I paced around the room while the sun lightly glared in through the windows and you could faintly hear everybody setting up in the backyard of Fredo's and Nick's house, where Fredo's birthday party was being held. "You know that pretty lady you saw a couple of days ago? That was your Auntie Aubrey. She was gorgeous wasn't she?" I asked the four month baby in my arm.

Caleb's face lit up in a smile and it looked like he was agreeing with me. I sadly smiled at him and felt guilt go through me. Because of me, he will never get to know his godmother Aubrey who would've loved and spoiled him so much.

The bathroom door suddenly opened up and Cassie appeared in the door way in a neon pink shirt and shorts that covered her bikini that was underneath her clothes. "There's my baby!" she gasped with a smile on her face and walked towards me and Caleb with open arms. She took Caleb out of my arms and cradled him in her own arms. Her eyes shined with compassion and love as she looked down at him. "Thank you Jason for watching him while I changed." she thanked me with a smile on her face.

"No problem." I smiled and kissed her cheek in a friendly way. I walked over to my phone and checked to see if I had any important notifications on my phone.

I sat in the bed and scrolled down on the screen while Cassie continued to cradle Caleb in her arms. She walked towards his car seat and carefully placed him inside, getting him ready to go down stairs. She sighed and carried Caleb with her to the arm chair in Fredo's guest room and sat down on the chair. I scrolled down on my phone, completely in a trance until Cassie asked "So Caleb met Aubrey?"

The room became completely silent and I gulped to myself. I never told anyone about the encounter with Aubrey. I kept the whole thing to myself because I knew if I told someone, they would flip their shit. Cassie would just get excited and cry a little. She wouldn't tell me I was stupid or anything. "Um-yeah. Her brother threw the ball into my backyard and they came and asked if they could get it." I explained and rubbed my temples.

Cassie looked at me with sadness in her brown orbs and leaned forward, placing her elbows on her knees and her arms dangling off of her leg with her hands intertwined with each other. "Jason, you're not the only one that misses her." she spoke quietly.

I looked at Cassie with sadness and I knew she could feel my pain. Aubrey was her best friend over here. They were as close as sisters. Hell, Aubrey was with Cassie when Cassie found out she was pregnant with Caleb; that's how close they were. Aubrey was close to everyone of my friends; she loved them and they loved her. "Jason!" a familiar voice squealed for me, breaking my thoughts.

Cassie and I both looked towards the door and saw Candice running towards me in sunglasses and a bikini. I nervously smiled and saw Cassie give her a dirty look as she passed by her. Let's just say Cassie, Pauline, Carter, Cameron, and Nick hate Candice. Cassie and Pauline hate her because I slept with her and Candice might've said a few rude remarks to each of them envoling their eyebrows, saying they're bushy and they should get them done, and Candice mistook Caleb as a girl.

Carter, Cameron, and Nick hate her because-well-she's annoying and clingy; their words not mine. I will admit she has been clinging to my side ever since we've slept together. And that she has changed so much; she is no longer that sweet girl I thought she was.