t w o

80 votes and 50 comments

[ A U B R E Y ]

I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. The light from the moon shined through my large window, the stars coming into view. I sighed and stared at the night sky and watched how everything looked so peaceful, something that I haven't had in awhile.

My warm blankets comforted my freezing body. Since it was January, it was still freezing in California. I shivered into the blanket and turned onto my back. Even though I've been home for four months, it still isn't normal for me to be in a bed alone. Like I'm not use to sleeping alone when I should.

My eyes became droopy and I felt like I was losing control of them. They kept fluttering shut when I wanted them open. I was beyond exhausted but I wanted to stay up for some odd reason. Oh whatever, I guess I could use some sleep. I sighed and shut my eyes tight, let my mind go blank so I could sleep in serenity. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I was running. I didn't know where but I was running towards nothing but darkness ahead of me. I could tell I had a smile on my face. A giant smile.

Suddenly I felt coldness reach my legs while I was still running. I looked down and I saw water surrounding my legs and was close to reaching my waist. I looked up and suddenly everything was clear. I was at a beach.

I spun around the water, giggling with a gigantic smile on my face. The sun shined into my eyes while a pair of arms snaked into my arms. I looked down and saw two sleeve tattoos wrapped around my waist while I turned around to face the person who was holding me. I could hear myself giggling and the person laughing, but because of the sun right in my eyes I couldn't see his face.

I could tell I was happy, really happy. I felt sparks when he touched me and I grinned whenever I was in his presence.

We were both genuinely smiling when I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me. He held onto my like he never wanted to let me go and I liked that feeling, I actually loved it. I suddenly heard the words "I love you." come out of his mouth before another voice was heard.

"Aubrey!"

I jerked up in my bed in surprise while the sun shined into my room. I saw Leah standing there with her hands on her hips and giggling at my reaction "What? How did you get into my house?" I asked in a hoarse voice while wiping my tired eyes.

"Duh I used the spare key under the mat. Anyways time to get up its already six thirty." she stated before walking out of my room. My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed as quick as I could. I quickly grabbed my outfit that was laying on my arm chair and took off to my restroom. I turned on the water in my shower and put my hair in a bun. I ripped off all my clothes and rushed into the shower. I stood under the water and I let it fall onto my body.

My body became less tense I felt so relaxed under the steamy water. I began to think about my dream. It was the first time in four months I have dreamt. But only this didn't feel like a dream. It felt like it was real somehow but it wasn't. I was happy, extremely happy. I've never been that happy before in my entire life. Maybe this dream has something to do with the new medication the doctor prescribed me to.

I finished putting on my black ripped jeans and looked into my full length mirror. I was wearing a dull orange crop sweater, ripped black jeans, and combat boots. I walked out of the restroom and grabbed my bag and hooked it onto my shoulder before walking out into the living room to see Leah texting away on her phone.

"I'm ready." I smiled and grabbed an energy bar I had on my small dinner table. Leah smiled and put her phone away before standing up and walking with me to the door.