s i x t e e n

[ J A S O N ]

A cough escaped my lips as I held my chest and felt a sense of serenity go throughout my body. I laid my head back and watched as my living room became clouded with smoke as both Carter and Alex sat beside me, each high as kites. I passed the joint to Alex who immediately took a hit once it landed in the same direction as him. Earlier Alex had come by, stressed out and angry because he had just gotten in a fight with Pauline. Then out of no where, Carter takes a bag of weed out of his pocket and next thing I know, I'm seeing double of everything and I'm unusually calm.

"You know, Pauline needs to understand that --" Alex took another hit before inhaling a cloud of smoke and handing the joint over to Carter. "She is the only girl I got. So when she says "go talk to your other hoes" and I say, "fine then", that only means I'm kidding with her. I don't have any hoes. She is the only hoe I have." Alex complained to a high Carter and me.

"Man, I believe you. You pull zero bitches." Carter joked with a small smile on his face while his red eyes held amusement. I chocked out a laugh while holding the small joint in my hand. Man, I almost died just by laughing.

"Screw you man, you play too much." Alex glared at Carter before taking another hit.

We three continued to sit on the couch, smoking our joint peacefully, when Cameron, Alfredo, and Nick all walked into my home, each arguing with each other but stopped when they noticed the clouds of smoke and their three friends who were high as fuck. "What the hell?" Cameron asked as his eyes trailed on us one by one.

Carter inhaled smoke and passed the joint to me when Nick said, "You guys got high without me?" before Alfredo smacked the back of his head. "Ow! I'm telling Carla! You saw what she did to Candy! She kicked the shit out of her!" Nick threatened, earning another slap on the back of the head by Alfredo.

"Shut up, idiot. Go get that jersey we came here for." Alfredo gestured to the stairs before Nick sighed and left the room to get whatever they came here for. "Seriously? This is what you guys have been doing?" Alfredo asked as Cameron walked towards us and sat down on the couch.

"Hell yeah." I chuckled before exhaling another cloud of smoke with a dreamy smile on my face.

"You guys are dumb as hell. Especially you, Jason." Alfredo shook his head and walked towards the kitchen.

"Yo Fredo, ever heard of knocking? Jason could've been fucking Candice for all you know. Go be judgmental somewhere else." Carter sassed Alfredo, earning a smack on the back of the head from Fredo himself. "Ow! What's up with you smacking people?! You're not my mom."

"Yeah! What's up with you being so judgmental today?" I questioned as I handed the joint to Alex, who was close to passing out on the couch.

Alfredo opened up the blinds of the sliding glass door that showed a perfect view of Aubrey's house and the pool house, where Aubrey was staying. "Because a very pissed off father lives right next door and will turn in all our asses if he catches you --" Alfredo pointed to me. "Smoking a joint a couple of hundred feet away from the daughter he told you to stay away from. I could smell that shit from the drive way, Jase." Alfredo sternly told me as he pointed to Aubrey's house.

"Then why did you act so surprise to find us high?" I asked with a small smile on my face while Carter laughed out loudly and Cameron shook his head in disapproval.

Alfredo shook his head and took a seat on one of my couches while Nick descended down the stairs with a pissed off expression on his face. "Jason, next time I tell you I'm leaving my jersey here --" He held up his dodgers jersey. "Do not, I repeat, do not put it in the same drawer as Candice's thongs. Lord knows what kind of diseases those things have." Nick cringed.