e l e v e n

GUYS !!! will you all do me a huge favor and go check out my new book "Opposites Attract" and comment what you think? Maybe a vote? Thank you so much! I love all of you and I am forever grateful ❤️

[ J A S O N ]

I sat there in my office staring at the girl hadn't seen in ten years. She stood there with the same smile on her face that she had when she we were eleven, the last time I had seen her. She looked the exact same, just older. Her hair had grown out, she got taller, slimmer. But yet her features still looks time same as it did when we were eleven.

I was shocked, I didn't know what to say. I'd be lying if I didn't say I never thought about her. I did think about her from time to time. Once I had Aubrey, Candice completely left my mind and all I focused on was Aubrey. But now that Aubrey is gone, Candice is here.

"See I told you I ran into someone important!" Megan squealed and ran over to hug Candice. Candice smiled and hugged my bouncing sister back.

I gulped and shook my head, coming out of my trance and standing up in my seat. I was so shocked because I never expected to see her again. I never expected to hear from her again. I stood in front of Candice and stared at her intensely. Our eyes were linked as I stared down on her and she stared down at me.

Happiness and nervousness was in her eyes. I could practically hear her heart beating furiously from where I was standing. Megan stood by us, biting her lip nervously and looking in between the both of us. I stared at her long enough before I got the courage and wrapped my arms around her, bringing her into a tight hug.

Her floral scent engulfed my nose while she stood there standing in shock that I even had the balls to hug her. I held onto her tightly when she wrapped her arms around me also. I smiled into her shoulder and whispered "I've missed you Candy."

I felt chills go down her back before she struggled to let out "I-I've missed you too Jase." I smiled brighter and I could feel a smile grow on her face while she snuggled into my neck.

Megan stared at us with a bright smile on her face before she squealed and clapped her hands while jumping up and down. "Yay, you guys are reunited!" she giggled. Candice and I pulled away from each other and laughed at my excited sister. Megan looks at her watch and her eyes widened. "Ok guys, I have to go meet Carter for dinner but I will catch up with you guys later." she smiled and leaned forward to hug the both of us.

Candice and I each hugged her before she practically skipped out of my office and to the elevator. Candice and I turned to face each other before saying "Same old Megan." in unison. We both laughed at each other and high fived. Silence then filled the room and we caught ourselves staring at each other with smiles on our faces.

It was so...weird to see her standing right in front of me. It's been forever and now here she is, grown up and a standing right in front of me. I chuckled to myself and Candice furrowed her eyebrows "What?" she asked with a slight smile coming onto her face.

"It's nothing..." I smiled and shook my head, looking at the ground. I brought my head up to look at her again and I saw her eyebrows raised, knowing I was lying and waiting for me to tell the truth. "Ok fine." I rolled my eyes. "It's just so weird seeing you here grown up. The last time I saw you, you had pigtails in your hair and were wearing all pink." I teased.

Candice gasped and slightly hit my arm. "Shut up! I was going through a phase when I was eleven. Look at you! Last time I saw you, you were wearing a batman cape and running around the house in your boxers." she smirked.

"Ok now that, that was phase."

"Oh whatever. So how have you been loser?" Candice asked, slightly giggling.