Chapter 2.

On the plane Emily sat far away from Morgan as possible. He every now and then caught eyes with her but they'd both jerk their heads to leave each other's eyes. Emily wasn't too excited about them flying to Chicago because she knew that is where his family resides. She wasn't ready for Derek to break the news to his Mom. JJ noticed the whole shindig. She asked Reid if he noticed how odd they were acting and he answered with a yeah because usually Prentiss and Morgan were inseparable, they were partners usually and spent a lot of time together. They both had that macho attitude so on the job they were a perfect match. Today so far they've barely spoke one word to each other.

Suddenly Garcias face appeared on the tv panel on each sides of the plane for everyone to see regardless of their angle.

She briefed everyone on their next case.

"Thanks Garcia" Hotch said before the screen went blank

Hotch paired up everybody and of course he paired Derek with Emily. they both made a bothered face then straightened up once Hotch asked if there was a problem.

Hotch gave them a stare down which he always did with everybody but Morgan couldn't stand it & looked away indicating there was a problem and for him to stop profiling him.

The plan landed and everybody walked off. JJ being JJ noticed the tension and asked Hotch if she could start with Morgan while Prentiss pair up with Reid. He looked at JJ for a moment thinking before agreeing. Morgan wasn't sure what JJ was up to but he was real appreciative for what she did. They got in their SUV's and split up.

The car ride was quiet while Morgan drove

"So....." JJ broke the silence.

Morgan turned a corner and continued up the road without saying anything.

JJ wanted to ask what was going on but chose to go around it by starting the convo on another note

"Did you tell your mom that you are in town?" she asked.

Morgan didn't move his eyes from the road

"I have to" he said in a non excited voice.

"Oh?" JJ was confused to why it suddenly was a burden to tell his mother he was in town

Morgan decided he needed to tell JJ what was up. He pulled off the road to the curb and parked. He still had both hands gripped to the steering wheel. He inhaled a deep breath then let it out

"Emily is pregnant" he said calmly

JJ's mouth dropped in shock. She didn't know what to say besides "You're kidding right?"

Derek looked over at her with sadness in his eyes

"Ohh...." JJ knew he was serious and she still didn't know what to say.

"I have to tell my mom. She'd kill me if I tell her last minute." he said

It was quiet again in the SUV. About 5 mins passed before JJ finally spoke.

"How do you know she's telling the truth? Did you check? How far along is she? Isn't she on the pill!?" JJ blurted out in a panic searching for answers because honestly she didn't want it to be true.

Derek looked at her with wide eyes and put a hand on her shoulder then arms tapping it

"JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ!" he said between her questions trying to calm her.

She finally fell silent again and so did he. He laid back in his seat and breathed trying to take it all in again. He really hit rock bottom with this one. He was not ready to be a father, not with Emily at least. Yeah he liked her but he wasn't in love with her or even looked that far into that possibility. Yeah they both knew the consequences of their sex affair so Emily was on the pill and Derek wore a condom when he could. They slipped up a few times but who doesn't?