Chapter 1.

"Pregnant?" Morgan repeated back to Emily with confusion and worry in his eyes. There was a long pause as it seems the both of them were holding their breath. Derek seized Emily up with his eyes trying to see if he could read her, to see if she was lying. He was a profiler so it was easy.

Emily felt uncomfortable as she could feel his eyes searching for answers. She became annoyed actually

"Really Derek? Oh please." she said as she put her hand up in front of her face. "Stop profiling me" she turned her head away from him.

He stepped to her and took her arm in his hand a little rough

"Don't you lie to me" he said in a apprehensive tone. He didn't wanna be rude to Emily because his tone could set a bad mood.

Emily gazed back into his eyes with a little bit of fear and nodded in agreement. She took her arm back and rubbed it a little to let him know he hurt her.

Derek's eyes relaxed but not his mind. What was he going to do now!? He just confessed his love for Garcia and he hoped the plan would be to break to Emily tomorrow that what they been doing was done. Now he has to back track completely, probably permanently because who knows if Garcia would put up with this.

"Oh god.." he said as he put his arm around his stomach

"What?" Emily asked worriedly with her eyes scoping out his body

"The team, Hotch, Strauss!" he shouted.

He didn't mean to shout but he was desperate. His mind was racing and his heart rate was spiking. Was he nervous? Was he excited? He honestly didn't know.

"I need to.. I need to sit down." he said calmly as he did that.

He laid back and closed his eyes. He pictured his house, a nice brand new white picket fence around the front yard of his house and a child, a little boy running around the yard playing with his dog Clooney. he smiles at them as he's standing on the porch with his hot coffee. Its fall season for there's a pile of leaves in the corner. he hears a voice from inside the house saying dinners ready and he asks what as if he didn't hear the woman. a few seconds later his woman is beside him and to his surprise it was Penelope. he smiled at her and she smiles back him wrapping an arm around his waist he pulls her in close and they watch THEIR boy play. Derek then opens his eyes and sees Emily standing by his fireplace with her hands on her hips staring out as she was in deep thought about something too. Derek feels a burning in his eyes as he was shocked to find himself a little emotional about all this. He didn't want Emily to have his child. He wanted Penelope....but it was too late for that.

He sighed out loud and sat up. He leaned forward some and patted the couch cushion beside him for Emily to take a seat.

"Derek I..." she began to say

He put his hand up and rocked his finger in a "no no no" motion as he pointed for her to come take a seat

Emily walked over in doom to take a seat. She acted as if she was a prisoner with a ball on her chain. She sat

"So we're having a baby" Derek said lightly trying to sound enthusiastic.

Emily looked over at him trying to read his emotion. She remained quiet.

"I never thought about being a dad.. Not under the circumstances of this job we both have." he said while turning his head to look at her. He was opening up, willing to have a heart to heart with her.

She sighs "If you don't want this I can get rid of it" she complained with an attitude

"Hey hey, I didn't say that did I? Now Emily this wasn't planned but I'm not fina tell you to do something crazy like that. I won't." he said with a booming voice but also with care.

A tear slipped away from her eye and ran down her cheek. She went to wipe it but Morgan beat her to it. He cupped her cheek after and made her look at him.

"Now we're both some hard asses so I pray for our child" he smirks which makes her laugh sum.

He caresses her check a bit before letting go and resting his hand on her thigh rubbing it.

"This is definitely gonna change a lot, but we'll get through this" he said calmly

Emily nodded and just stared at him. She didn't really believe him. She wasn't as happy as she thought she would be nor was he. She kinda had an idea already that this wasn't going to go well.

For the rest of the morning they sat there on the couch lost in their thoughts. They both couldn't sleep and Derek didn't wanna send her home. It was now 6:20 and they knew Hotch or Garcia was gonna call them in soon for work or another case so why bother.

6:47 Derek phone rings

"Yeah Hotch. Be there soon." Derek said before hanging up the phone.

Emily got up off the couch and played with her hair to look a little presentable.

"We got a case" said Derek as he went to put on his shoes.

"Where?" Emily asked

Derek came back to the living room and sat down while pushing his foot into a shoe. He looked up at her. "Chicago" he finished with his shoes and got up grabbing his go bag.

Emily was stuck. Her stomach dropped at the location they were flying out to.

"Oh god.." Emily whispered with worry on her face.