Chapter 2 (Hiro's POV)

"Bye sweetie! Have a good day!" Aunt Cass called to me as I headed out the door of The Lucky Cat Cafe, to start another day at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, or more commonly known, SFIT.
"I will!" I yelled back to her, and started walking to Fred's mansion, or as he liked to call it, HQ. Fred's mansion was the place that Honey Lemon, Gogo, Wasabi, Fred and I met everyday to walk to SFIT together. Today, I got there just as Fred was running out the door to the rest of the group.

"Hey everybody!" He greeted us excitedly. "Guess what?!" He didn't wait for us to guess before he told us his news. "I got the latest issue of Megazon!" And he showed us the brand new comic book he was holding in his hands. "In the previous edition, the mighty hero was almost defeated when he fell in love with Osprey, the cunning villainess!"

"Totally interesting I'm sure," Gogo yawned, rolling her eyes simultaneously. "Actually, speaking of love, when are you getting to get yourself a girlfriend Hiro?" she asked, turning to me. I felt my face going hot and almost dropped the lunch pack that Aunt Cass had given me.

"I, uh, I don't really," I stuttered, but before I could say anything else, Honey Lemon cut in;
"Yeah Hiro! I mean look at you, YOU'RE SO ADORABLE! I'm sure that there would be heaps of girls who'd love to be your girlfriend!"

"And you know what I say," Wasabi added. "Deodorant, breath mint, fresh pair of underpants." By now I wasn't sure whether Fred was listening to the talk anymore, as it seemed that he was demonstrating the incredible skill of reading a comic book while still walking the right way.

I sighed. It was obvious that I was losing the argument. This was going to be a looooooong walk.