Chapter 7: Fighting Ultron

*A/N:Sorry if this doesn't exactly match what was in the movie. I don't remember a lot of it, and I also have to change things to fit Jordyn into it. Part of fanfiction is making the story your own I suppose, so here we go!*

Soon, the jet landed, in some sort of large, grassy, field. A farmhouse stood a few feet away, and Clint stood up, smiling.

"Welcome to my house, guys." he smirked, and the entire group launched into a debate on how he hid this...normal, life from all of us. He explained that Fury helped him set it up, and that almost no one knew about it, except for Fury, and Nat. We followed him up to it, and two kids came running out, screaming "Daddy!! You're home!" Clint picked the little girl up and smiled at the little boy, and gestured at us to follow him into the house. He introduced us to his wife, who began distributing us in rooms throughout the house. I saw Thor walk out the front door, and Steve followed him, only to walk back in the house a few minutes later, Thor-less. Clint would sleep with in his room with his wife of course, and Nat would have the guest room she normally does when she comes here, along with Bruce. They were getting surprisingly close. Tony would take the remaining guest room, while Cap, polite as always, decided to take the couch. I settled myself in a comfortable reclining chair, refusing when Steve offered to switch. 

"I'm smaller, there is no way you would be comfortable in this chair." I said, and he didn't even bother arguing. I feel asleep easily, but it wasn't a good sleep, it was filled with fitful dreams about the things I had seen in that..fever dream state the twin had put me in earlier. I woke to the smell of bacon and fresh eggs, and noticed that everyone was awake already, sitting at the dining room table. Clint's little girl was staring at me from next to the chair, holding a teddy bear. I smiled.

"Good morning, sweetie. Wanna go get some breakfast?" I stood up, and she nodded. I picked her up and carried her into the dining room, setting her on a chair next to her mother. I sat in an empty chair next to Nat, as Laura, Clint's wife, loaded eggs, toast and bacon onto my plate. I smiled and dug in, happy to be eating warm, homemade food for once. The food at the tower was good, but it wasn't ever homemade like this. I stuffed myself full, before playing cards with Clint for a while. I could hear Tony and Steve outside, cutting wood, and Nat chatting idly with Laura in the next room. Bruce was reading on a couch. Everything seemed so...normal...and peaceful.

Well, of course that couldn't last long, as we found out that Ultron was most likely after Dr. Cho, who had a regeneration cradle in her lab that, with the right power, could create a living body for Ultron to bond with and take over.

"We have to get to Seoul and get that regeneration cradle. You guys up for it?" Steve looked around at me, Nat, Bruce, Tony, and Clint.

"Of course!" I said, and everyone nodded in agreement. Except for Bruce.

"I want to, but I've had enough code green for a while," he said, and Steve nodded.

"You'll run Comms then. You can fly back to HQ with Fury. The rest of you, let's suit up. If we're gonna fight a war, you need to wear a uniform!" he said, and headed off to the guest bedroom. I grabbed my suit and slipped away to change, I had been borrowing Laura's clothes. She was so nice, and sweet. I could see why Clint wanted to hide her and his children from us and the rest of SHIELD, or what was left of it. I grabbed my bow and arrow, throwing knives, and a handgun from the shed behind Clint's house that we had all been keeping our weapons in, and walked into the jet. Clint was going to fly the jet, while Nat would be waiting to grab the regeneration cradle. Steve was going to look for it and distract Ultron. Tony had already gone to some warehouse that everything from the Internet went through, looking for data. I was just going to bounce around where I was needed, help out Cap, save civilians, you know, hero stuff.

"There! A truck from the lab. Three in the back, one in the cab, that's got to be them." Steve said, and went after it. Nat jumped out of the jet on her motorcycle, and I grabbed onto the back of it, letting go as soon as it touched the ground. I jumped over cars, quickly getting off the highway, and set off on destroying bots threatening civilians. I threw arrows left and right, easily destroying bots, along with throwing fire and ice. I threw a ball of ice at a bot, expecting it to short out, but the bot caught the ball of ice and crushed it, laughing. I looked up, noticing this bot was a lot taller than the others. This was no bot. That was Ultron! 

"Shouldn't you be in school or something, kiddo?" he smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Wow, you really are just like Stark." I said, and he clenched his fists.

"Stupid girl,"he said, lunging for me. I took off running, away from Cap and Nat and the truck holding the regeneration cradle, keeping him away from the scene. He easily caught up to me and lifted me off the ground, twisting me so I was facing him. "I am nothing like Stark." he said, and I squirmed out of his arms, wincing as I hit the ground. I quickly got up, screaming at civilians to get out of the way as I shot balls of fire at Ultron behind me. He caught up to me once again, smacking me with a powerful metal hand, and I slammed into a brick wall, falling to the ground. I groaned, trying to get up, but he held me down. "Don't try me, little girl. I. Always. Win." he slammed my head into the ground, knocking me out cold.