Chapter One: Robbery

*Ring*  I groaned, rolling over as my phone went off. I had just started falling asleep. I answered it, already knowing who it was. "Hey Jordyn. I know it's late but-" I cut him off.

"It's midnight, Jason. What do you want?" I asked.

"I need you to grab some stuff for me. Credit codes, mostly. Out of a vault in a bank on 2nd street." he finished. 

I sighed. It's not like I meant to do things like this, but I really didn't have a choice. Let me explain. Jason is my boss, sort of. You see, I have powers, that he gave to me. He's a sort of, mad scientist. He picked me up off the streets, when I was 13 and freshly orphaned. I'm 16 now and I have a heightened metabolism, meaning I can move faster, age slower, and think quicker. In exchange for these powers, I do his bidding, which is mostly robberies, and the occasional threatening. He's planning bigger things for me though, and I'm not quite sure I'm up to it. He also has another protege, Blake, who has mind manipulation powers. Blake signed up for this willingly, unlike myself.

"Fine. I'll be over there in a little while." I sighed. I changed into black clothes, and grabbed the gadgets Jason had designed for me to use. 2nd Street was just a few blocks away from my apartment, so I ran there. It was a pretty secure bank, but nothing I can't handle. I picked the lock on the front door and made my way to the vault in the back, smashing security cameras along the way. I hacked into the safe and grabbed a few codes that we could use to take money out of the banks personal accounts, and slipped out the back door. I was just about to step out of the alleyway behind the bank when I heard voices from the sidewalk just outside the alley. 

"Nat, don't you think that it's about time to head in for the night?" I heard a male voice, growing closer. 

"I couldn't sleep, Steve. You know that Tony's tower is too much like a metal box for me."

Behind me, I heard the alarm sound in the bank. Damn! I forgot that the alarm is delayed. The footsteps abruptly stopped. 

"Someone broke into the bank. Here, this alley leads straight to the back door." the female, Nat, said, and I heard the footsteps start again. I dove behind some trash cans, causing a loud metal crash. They ran into the alley, looking around for the source of the sound. I heard them walk past the trash cans, and sighed in relief, crawling out. Before I could even stand up, someone grabbed the back of my jacket, pulling me up. I squirmed around, the man named Steve was holding me. I kicked him hard and twisted out of his grip. I ran out of the alley and down the street. My speed was too fast for anyone to catch me! But wait, was that...footsteps? Behind me? The man was catching up to me! 

"Honey, you're gonna have to run faster than that if you wanna get away from me," he said, clamping a hand on my shoulder and stopping me in my tracks. The woman ran up behind us. "Should we turn her in Nat? Petty robberies aren't really our forte." 

"Are you kidding? Her speed and strength almost matches yours Steve, shouldn't we take her to Fury?" she said. All the while, I was squirming from this mans grip, but damn he was strong! The man ran his other hand through his hair, tightening his grip on my wrist.

He sighed, muttering something about dilinquents, before starting to drag me towards the big tower in the middle of the city, Stark Industries. I kicked and squirmed, struggling against his huge arms. Suddenly, Nat reached over and pinched a nerve at the base of my neck. I went limp in his arms, and she smiled.

"Works every time. You should lose consciousness any second now." I wish I could have proved her wrong, but I felt dizzy. Darkness slowly filled my vision, until I completely passed out.