Chapter Two: The Offer

"I wonder how she got her powers. I analyzed her blood and she has similar powers to Steve. The increased speed and strength, but minus the increased healing power."

"Yeah, we figured that out. Anything else?"

"I'm still testing some things, but-"

"There's nothing else," I said quietly, opening my eyes.

"How long have you been awake? It's past your bedtime, little girl." a man with facial hair said, looking up from a touch screen.

"Long enough to hear you guys analyzing what I already know. Could you...possibly undo these straps around my wrists? They aren't the most comfortable." I said, pulling on the leather and metal straps holding me to the table.

"Not yet, kid. First, you need to tell us what the hell someone like you was doing robbing a bank. Also, we don't even know your name," the man who had captured me earlier, Steve said.

"Because the guy that did that..." I nodded towards one of the screens showing a  map of my brain and body and a list of the superhuman things they had discovered about me. "told me to. He took me off the streets. I don't really have much choice in the matter. And, my name is Jordyn" I sighed.

"What if we could offer you a better option?" a blond man walked inside the room, taking a seat next to the woman who captured me earlier.

"It depends what that option is. My life isn't bad right now, but-" I stopped suddenly, looking around. I recognized these guys! The woman was The Black Widow! And the man next to her, that was Hawkeye! The man from earlier was none other than Captain America, and the man at the computer with facial hair was Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man. The other man at the computer had to be Bruce Banner, or Hulk. The godly looking man who had just walked into the room, was the actual god, Thor. These guys were none other than the Avengers! A few months ago, they had saved the entire island of Manhattan from aliens and a nuclear missile. "Holy shit, you guys are the Avengers!"I yelled, and Tony laughed.

"Yeah, we know, little tyke. Now that you've realized that, I'm sure you realize what we're asking. We're not gonna just turn you into the police. We can help you become something better. Once you finish kindergarten, we want you to become an Avenger. Like us." he smirked at his kindergarten joke.

"I'm sixteen, I'm not a child." I said, frowning.

"On Asgard, you are still considered a toddler until you are eighteen." Thor said, causing the rest of them to erupt in laughter. My cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"Woah, Tony, look at this. Her core temperature is rising. Kind of like, kind of like..." 

"A fire?" I said. I felt my hands grow warmer and suddenly, my hands burst into flame.  Natasha jumped up, pulling a gun from her belt and pointing it at me.

"Woah, woah, relax. I'm still tied down, and I wouldn't do anything to you guys anyway. I just...wanted you guys to take me seriously." I said, as the fire disappeared from my palms. Nat lowered her gun slowly, as Banner began typing furiously on a keyboard.

"She can manipulate elements! This is amazing! She can pull elements from the air and create fire, ice, water, wind, etcetera!" Banner said, smiling giddily.

"So, now that we know that you're even more of a special snowflake, will you join us? You'll need training of course, and you should be in school, right?" Stark asked.

"I graduated a month ago. I've been doing online school, and I finished everything early." I said, as Clint began taking off the straps on my wrists. I sat up, rubbing them gingerly.