Chapter 11: Victoria

Ruby didn't say a word to me at all for the rest of the ride. I just cried in silence. Before we got off, I wiped my face and reapplied makeup so that I didn't look dead.

"Tori!" I heard Bri gasp from next to me. "What the hell happened?" I told her everything which just resulted in more tears and more gasps. To make matters even worse than they already were, I was assigned a room with Ruby. Why? I don't know.

The hotel was beautiful. It had a living room with a couch and two chairs. Then it had a hallway which at the end had the bathroom, then to the right was a little kitchen and on the left was the bedroom. Inside were two beds, another bathroom, and a tv. I placed my bag on the bed closest to the window and started rummaging through it.

"Here," Ruby said in a monotone voice. She tossed me a bottle and I caught it. My pills. I didn't bother wasting my breath on a thank you. I was just glad she had them.

I sat on the bed, my back to her and tousled my hair, it's natural curly-ness getting caught between my fingers. I've been wearing it curly a lot lately because I didn't have to do anything to it. I just let it air dry. I was lazy. I grabbed a piece and combed through it with my fingers.

"I need a hair cut," I mumbled to myself.

I tossed myself back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I heard the door open and close to the bathroom. Ruby. While she was in there, I changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top and went to bed.

'Wear summer clothes that you know I'll approve of. Its your choice but just know that if I don't like it, I will be asking you to change.' was what the text from Alyssa said. Damn it, I wish James was here. He always knows what Alyssa wants.

I sat up and saw that Ruby was already awake dressed and doing her make up in a mirror by her bed. I went to the bathroom and toon a shower. I brushed my hair while it was still damp so that it would be wavy instead of curly. I walked out in a towel and realized Ruby was gone. I searched my bag for something that Alyssa might approve of. I pulled out a floral cardigan, some high waisted destroyed shirts, and a white button up bustier. I applied a nude lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, smokey eye eyeshadow, and did my eyebrows. I grabbed my phone and headed out the door. I gracefully walked down the stairs and made my way to the opposite side of the hotel. I walked in and took a seat with Bri.

"Have you talked to June lately?" I asked her.

"No, she's been busy with Conner back home. I guess they're trying to get her a shoot somewhere," Bri said. Conner was their photographer. When Bri got selected to attended the drawing for Teen Vogue, they had to find something for June as well I guess.

"Okay girls, we will start in a second. Tori I love you're outfit," Alyssa said. I blushed and said thank you. The girls turned to me and looked at me from head to toe. "Okay so you'll be paired in twos and have a photographer. After the shoot, I'll review your photos and figure out which of our cover-girls will be on the front cover of our first issues this season."

I got paired with Sabrina. Thank god. For a moment, I thought I would be with Ruby. Our photographer was a girl with bright pink hair and seemed very pop punk. She was super nice though.

Once the shoot was over, we found out we had six more days here and Bri and I decided to go enjoy Paris while we could.

We were at some French café when my phone started ringing.

Ben.

What? Ben hadn't called me in six months. He'd been on tour with his friend Harry from One Direction.

"Ben?!" I said a bit too excitedly.

"Hey love," he said. I almost wanted to cry at the sound of his voice. I hadn't had a clue when the next time is see him would be.