Chapter Eleven

Sonya's POV:
Hazel was just through the narrowing doors when the Griever behind her injected her with its scorpion like tail.
"GET THE GRIEF SERUM NOW!" I ordered as a few Springers hauled an unconscious Hazel out of the maze. The doors slammed shut, the eerie night noises of the maze sounding aloud.
"Got it!" Miriam huffed, placing the injection in my hands.
Rushing to Hazel's aid, I looked for the sting, which was on the side of her waist. I jabbed the needle into a throbbing vein near the deep hole where the Griever stung Hazel, pushing the plunger down slowly.
The Grief Serum is a cloudy grey liquid that helps a Springer once stung by a Griever. They then go through the Conversion, when they see things from the life before. Only a few Springers survive getting stung by a Griever, as the Grief Serum is something that needs to be given immediately.
"W-will she-" Liz trembled.
"She'll be okay." I said emotionlessly.
"It's all my fault." Liz muttered before turning to the Shack.
***
Hazel's screams roared through night. Every Springer was restless. Harriet was deciding Beth's fate. I hope she's Dismissed. But then we haven't had a Dismissal in year. We can't afford to loose a Springer. We're a team!
I twisted and turned throughout the night, getting snippets of sleep.

When the sun arose from behind the maze walls, everybody was exhausted. Hazel screamed every once in a while.
At breakfast, Jo slumped on the counter and heaved her arms heavily to serve everyone scrambled eggs and toast.
"She good?" Jo yawned, referring to Hazel.
"Only screams every now and then." I sighed.
"She's gonna live." Jo reassured me.
She is right.
She'll live.