Eleven || Jedi Business

Start from the beginning

He sits on the couch for quite awhile, watching the day continue on without him involved in it. He had nothing else to do but watch Coruscant, as he bailed on speaking to the Council regarding Kyla with Obi-Wan. He refused the offer given to him by Obi-Wan in hopes he could have a day to relax and think about the consequences of Kyla's transition. Henceforth, Obi-Wan went to visit and speak to the Council by himself, about a padawan that wasn't even his own.

Anakin's thoughts threaten to consume him yet again, but he's too worn out to let them seize control over his body. He was teaching himself to let the thoughts go, to keep himself from letting them take over. He was a Jedi, a full-on Jedi, and meditating frequently certainly helped with his confusions. His thoughts were empowering, but soon enough would he learn not to let them be.

From a distance, a Starfighter approaches the apartment, and Anakin looks up at the sound of the nearing fighter. He recognizes the reddish color to the grey Starfighter - Obi-Wan. Anakin groans, rising from the couch. Obi-Wan just wants to tell me what the Council said regarding Kyla. I don't want to hear this.

He considered telling Obi-Wan to inform him of Kyla's punishment and his own whereabouts later, perhaps tomorrow, but he knew he couldn't do such a thing. To help Kyla in any way they needed to act immediately, and Anakin couldn't keep putting everything off for his own sake.

With a few swift movements, the fighter lands near the balcony and Obi-Wan hops out, looking displeased and troubled. "Thank goodness you're out here," he heaves, approaching Anakin. "We have a lot to talk about."

Obi-Wan was always a man of a more hushed voice tone, but he was so nerve wracked that he simply couldn't keep his volume down. "Try and speak quietly," Anakin says moderately, "Padmé just put the children down for a nap."

"I apologize," breathes Obi-Wan, his voice still tense but less extensive, "and this isn't going to be brief." He walks directly past Anakin and seats himself on one of the couches, sitting orderly upright. Anakin remains standing before him, folding his arms respectively as he waits for Obi-Wan to continue.

"As you're aware of, I went to speak to the High Council at the Temple today about Kyla's situation and what should be done," Obi-Wan starts, and Anakin's stomach churns into a knot. "The Council has decided not to warn the Galactic Republic just yet. Instead, the Jedi Order has proposed that we send a group of Masters or even Knights to arrest the padawan."

Anakin's eyes widen in fear and a split second of hatred for the Order. How could they arrest my padawan? Recognizing his hateful thoughts, he focused himself - he was Jedi Master. He belonged to the High Council and had a worthy place of honor in the Temple and for the Order... he could never hate them, no matter what Palpatine led him to believe all those months ago. Everything Anakin did for Palpatine before he died was to save Padmé and his children, which he did without assistance from the Sith Lord. He was his own person, but still frustrated and confused about his padawan.

"They're going to arrest her?" Anakin asks, stepping forward to the couch Obi-Wan was seated on. His former master's bold blue eyes quickly sadden as he slowly nods to Anakin.

"They have to. Anakin, they discussed it thoroughly. We wished you could have been there, but - "

"But what? There isn't anything you can say, Obi-Wan. They can't arrest her, she's a padawan. They can try, sure they can try, but I don't feel it's worth it."

"It's highly worth it," Obi-Wan rises to Anakin's height and heaves a sigh, raising an eyebrow. "If you haven't noticed, she's becoming too dangerous - hardly too dangerous to be kept alive. You're lucky we're granting her to be able to keep her life..." he glances at his boots and shuffles them awkwardly, "in prison, that is. We'd be taking her to the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center, of course..."