Eight || What Have I Done?

Kyla's POV

- A month later -

To say the least, training has been going great. Master Skywalker is an excellent mentor, and I learn well from him. We've become close, closer than Master and Apprentice - we're good friends, and I couldn't be more thankful for such a sensitive, respectful, honest mentor. In fact, we've become so close that he let me in on a secret, something he'd been keeping from the rest of the galaxy. He admitted to being the father of Senator Amidala's twin children, Luke and Leia.

I've met them. Or, seen them. They're still tiny babies, vulnerable and weak, but they're so beautiful. They look just like their parents - the other Chosen One, and the gorgeous Senator Amidala. When I first saw them, I knew they had to be related to him somehow... Luke looked almost exactly like him - the most he could as a young baby.

As training progressed, Anakin became less and less available for meetings and practices... which I completely understood, given he had two children and a loving wife to look after all the time. I didn't tell Obi-Wan of Anakin's reoccurring absences, knowing he might get angry with him. After all, he was given a Padawan being a minor himself, and Obi-Wan, though understanding, would surely be angered with his actions, father or not.

Aside from showing up scarcely, he was also growing more and more tired with each meeting or practice. He relied on me more, being too worn out to do anything major as demonstration. But, to me, this helped. It gave me a way to work with independence, learning from my own mistakes.

However, today, I could sense he was going to show up and wasn't going to be too tired. I believed he told me last meeting that Senator Amidala would be taking the children to Naboo, as they were now old enough for that kind of travel. She wanted her family to meet them, and be on her home planet for a few days. It was very comfortable and peaceful on Naboo, so of course Master Skywalker must've agreed it would be alright for the young senator to travel with the babies.

Senator Amidala had been gone for nearly a day when Master Skywalker showed up to a meeting at the executive building to discuss my lightsaber - something hadn't been working right. Respectively, though, I had something else in mind for today. I was finally going to bring up my parents, and ask Master Skywalker about my midi-chlorian level.

I can hear his boots from afar, clicking down the tiled hallway. I wait in the Council room, lonesome in the circular seats perched in a circle, a perfect view of Coruscant from the surrounding windows.

"Master," I say as he walks in, but we've become so close that I don't need to bow before him anymore.

"Hello, Kyla," he says with a short smile, looking more energized than usual. He approaches me and takes a seat beside me, but I'm already risen. "So... something not right with your lightsaber?"

I unhooked the saber from my belt and ignited it swiftly, as I'd been taught to do. Instantly, the blue blade shot out from the holster, a blinding, incredible blade of hot light. My most powerful weapon. My life. The heat radiates onto my skin, a feeling that is beatable by no other.

"Uh, yeah," I say unsurely, getting the stance perfect as I take a few swings with the blue blade. "Actually... never mind that." I watch Master Skywalker roll his eyes and chuckle.

"You brought me out here for nothing? How inconsiderate," he laughs, beginning to rise. I interrupt him.

"Wait - no. I - I had something else in mind I wanted to speak to you about, Master Skywalker." I let the saber slide itself back into the holster, no longer a severely dangerous weapon, a weapon of the Jedi. I hooked it back to my belt and looked my Master hard in his crystal eyes.