Chapter 14

[ Allisa's POV ]

Luke suddenly rushed out of the E-Café and I quickly registered out of the E-Café and followed Luke in case something happened. He called for a taxi quickly and I asked him to wait for me so I could get on with him. He looked extremely nervous.

"Luke?"

He didn't say anything. He was just looking out of his window. When we passed by a road with nothing near it, I saw his reflection clearly like a new painting on a clean wall. He was crying. I didn't know why but I was extremely worried.

When we arrived at our destination, Luke pulled out a piece of 10 dollar bill from his shoes and gave it to the taxi driver.

"Keep the change."

Lucas ran out of the taxi and into the hospital's main counter as quickly as he could. What could've happened? I followed quickly behind him as his footsteps were large and fast.

He ran to the hospital room that said [ 5502 ] and peeked into the glass door. Suddenly, Luke turned to me with red, teary eyes and a panicked face.

"I'm sorry. I think you have to go now."

"Oh, do you need to me stay here with you for company?"

"No, I said go."

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

I was shocked as to what had just happened. Happy Luke has suddenly turned into this guy that looked like he just killed somebody. I turned around and I saw Luke enter the room he was standing in front of. I sighed and continued my journey home.

I walked home because it wasn't too far away and I didn't have anymore money. "No, I said go." Luke spoke in such a menacing voice that I got scared. Something might have happened to his close relative, something bad. I was worried when I never thought I actually would. My journey home was supposed to be short but somehow I ended up walking slowly and trying to figure out what had happened to Luke.

Finally, I reached home and I remembered Luke and I exchanged numbers when we were walking to the E-Café. I started typing.

"Hey."

I backspaced.

"Hi Luke. What happened?"

No, it didn't sound right.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

I backspaced again, then slammed my phone onto the table.

Voices inside me started to speak.

"Why are you worried?" He's my friend.

"Nah, boyfriend." No..

"Don't lie." I-I'm no-

My phone started ringing and it turns out that it was Brandon.

---------------

Author's Note :

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Luke's tragedy hasn't been revealed yet but yeah. I have been having writer's block for the whole summer holiday and finally I'm going back to school in 2 weeks so my brain is starting to work again.

1. What do you think about Lucas and Allisa's date/dayout?

2. What do you think happened to Luke?

3. Was Lucas rude towards Allisa?

4. Brandon called Allisa when she was flustered.. do you think it's a coincidence?

5. What do you think Brandon will say?

- nicole x