Leaving Heaven

._.__.~One Year Later~.__._.

Castiel had gotten slightly older, and he was, as Gabriel put it, growing up too fast. It wouldn't be long before he received his wings.

"Gabey, what do you think my wings will look like?" He asked as they watched the Earth, holding his kangaroo doll with red button eyes.

"I think they'll big big and bright. They'll be so awesome, you can see 'em from Earth!"

Castiel giggled. "I hope so! That'd be neat!"

"So, you still wanna go there?"

"Yup!"

Gabriel smiled. "Well, the day you get to go, I'll be there with you. Promise."

"Do you think I could go to... Aus... Austria... Aus-Aust-"

"Australia?"

Castiel nodded. "Uh huh."

"I don't know, maybe. Maybe you'll get to see a kangaroo, too!"

He smiled at this thought. "What else is in... Aus-Australia?" He had to sound out the word Australia.

"Oh, all kinds of things. Koalas, wallabies, didgeridoos."

"Wow. There are so many weird words there."

"You don't know the half of it, you little ankle biter." Gabriel grinned.

"I don't know what I want more; to go to Earth or to get my wings."

"Well, they both sound pretty good. I should know, I've got some pretty nice wings."

"Can I see?"

Gabe grinned, ruffling Castiel's hair. "Sure thing, little bro." He unfurled his six large golden wings, a bright smile lighting up Castiel's face.

"They're amazing!"

He brushed his hand across the smallest right wing, feeling how soft the golden feathers were. He smiled, stroking the wing with both of his hands. They were like a warm, soft, golden blanket.

Gabriel smiled down at his baby brother, until he heard something. It was their father, he wanted to see them. "Cassie?"

"Yeah, Gabey?" Castiel looked up at him.

"It's Dad, he wants to see us."

"Right now?"

"Right now." He stood up and took Castiel's hand, taking them up to the main cloud of Heaven. All the angels were gathered around, their father standing before them.

"Gabriel," He greeted. "Castiel."

"Dad," Gabriel greeted in reply. "What is it?"

"I've heard that you would like to see Earth, Castiel."

Castiel smiled, nodding his head slightly. "Yeah. I really do."

His father showed him a large golden ring, like a hoop. "That, my boy, can be arranged."

His smile grew, and he was forced to contain his excitement. "Thank you, Daddy!"

"Is that the halo, Dad?" Gabriel asked.

"It is, Gabriel."

"What's a halo?" Castiel asked Gabriel, looking up at him.

"It's what brings us from Heaven to Earth and back again."

Castiel smiled. "Cool."

"Now, Castiel," Their father began. "I will send you to Earth, for today, accompanied by an archangel."