Chapter Seven: Going home

Start from the beginning

Not only her, but a false Adrian came up too, every now and then, reminding him about his little affair with Michelle. That would usually send Jason into a panic and he had to be knocked out with a sedative jab, from the nurses, a couple of times so he wouldn't harm himself. It was sick to see them working on him, breaking him down bit–by–bit, sending him loopier than ever. I really felt for him but I didn't know what to do.

Once, I had just had enough and needed to get away, so I went to somewhere I had never been before; Australia. I don't know why, I just wanted to do something different, have a change of scenery. Dad always said, 'a change is as good as a holiday'. So, I popped into the transition room of mirrors and paused at one mirror which looked really bright and reddish looking and so, in I went.

Oh no! Not another stupid turn. I found myself in the hallway of a burning building and I was immediately in excruciating pain and agony. My whole body was screaming in a mad panic and out of my throat ripped a pure guttural-tearing, non-human shriek.

Flames were licking through my whole body and soul. My bowels felt like they were exploding and seeping acid; my eyes felt like they wanted to burst with the searing heat, spraying eyeball juices wherever I turned to look. The stress and the shock nearly ripped me apart. I screamed, "What the hell is this?"

Have you ever heard of someone being 'driven up the wall'? Well, I found myself clawing at the walls to try and climb out of this, whatever it was, but my mind was beyond reasoning. I couldn't control my limbs; they were thrashing about like independent windmills, spinning out of control. I threw myself through a wall and found myself in a bedroom. I could still feel the heat through the wall and the smell of the acrid, smoke still filled my nostril's, but at least I had a chance to recover from that shocking pain.

The smoke in the room, was so thick that I nearly missed her completely. There was a girl, a little younger than Nikki in the bed and she was sound asleep. Oblivious to the waves of toxic death hovering above her head and the horror that lay beyond her bedroom wall. I screamed at her to wake up but she didn't budge; I had to cause my imploding smoke to make me appear before her and quickly!

"Wake up! You've got to get out of here!" She stirred and rolled over onto her back. "Get up, get out of here!" This time I tried not to yell, I was in control. I can do this. "Come on angel, wake up. Please! You need to get out of here." Her brown eyes flickered open and at first, she was startled but only for a moment. She was a pretty little thing, with brown wavy hair, that looked like it could easily be kept under control, unlike my wild red, crazy clown hairdo.

"Who are you?" She asked, half asleep.

"Just a friend. Look, darling you have to get out of here okay."

"Why?" She didn't know what was happening just through the other side of her wall.

"Look I'll tell you what, let's play a little game. Pretend that your house is on fire, what would you do?"

"Well, I would have to get out I suppose." Oh, such a cute accent, so innocent.

"Very good. That is right. Now..."

"What's that smell?"

"Smoke honey. That's why you have to get out of here." I couldn't keep myself under control for much longer, I knew she wouldn't have long before the smoke would poison her and I was getting agitated. I wanted to scream at her to get out. However, I knew that would only complicate things. "Now come on honey, get out!" She flashed her beautiful brown eyes at me, in surprise and then got up and started for her door. "No honey! Not that way! Climb out your window. Hurry!" And she did.

As she turned toward the window she looked back over her tiny shoulder and asked, "Are you an angel? You look like an angel. You sure are beautiful." Oh, cute! Don't die... Please. I'm absolutely positive that I blushed.