Chapter 1: Early Wake Ups Are Always Fun

Clarke POV

I wake up to the blaring sound of my alarm. Oh, I haven't missed that. Its the first monday of the new school year. I cover my head with my pillow trying to block out the noise. I drag myself out of bed, scuffling my cold bare feet across the carpet of my room. I walk to the wall above my desk and flick a switch on my alarm clock stopping the annoying beep it was making. I had to have my alarm clock built into the plaster wall so that I didn't throw it across the room.

I sling my little knitted blanket over my shoulders and make my way out of my room. I walk into my brightly lit hallway and make my way, carefully, down the stairs. I walk into the open kitchen and find a written note on the kettle.

Morning baby,

I've been rushed into the trauma clinic early. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you off on your first day. Don't forget the school changed the schedule this year. You have to be forty five minutes earlier.

See you later for tea, 6 on the dot please!

Love Mom xx

What a guess she wasn't here! She is always at work. I didnt have time to be annoyed at her or to remember all the times work was more important (like the fact I didn't get a 12th birthday because 'duty calls' as my mom said); I had totally forgot that the school changed their day schedule. Why would they do that? And at the rate I am going I am going to be late. I have never been late, I have a perfect record other than when I took a day off because I got a throat infection that made me lose my voice. But I went straight back to school the next day and wrote every part of my conversations down on a whiteboard, including in politics and debate club!

I grab a bottle of water and head directly back to my room. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, moisturise my legs and brush through my matted blond hair. I go to my closet and grab some light grey denim jeans which just hit my ankle. A green flowing top and slip on a pair of black/grey flat dolly shoes. Im now caught up and running on time which means I have time to do my hair and makeup.

I make my way back to the bathroom and flick on the radio while i wait for the curlers to heat up. Carrie Underwood; Before He Cheats On Me comes on and i sing loudly until I had loosely curled my hair to give it a natural looking swaying wave in it. I then put on some natural make up and put on a little bit of eyeliner but making sure i don't over do it. It's only school anyway and I really don't have time!

By the time I am ready to leave it is 8 o'clock which is perfect as my school is only 10 minutes drive and the bell goes at 8:15. I rustle myself out the front door and lock up the doors. I then head to my black Mercedes E Class parked on our brick driveway. I then start to head to school.

I'm around five minutes into my journey when i get stuck in traffic. I keep looking at the clock getting frustrated that I am going to be late. Finally the cars and trucks in front of me and start moving and I arrived at school just as the bell goes.